This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

G Gundam Go!

edited January 2007 in Anime
So, after a week of being sick and after barely making it out of school today. I have decided to take the final bullet and throw myself to the abyss and try to review the Gundam series that for many is the most hated but for me is the greatest of them all.

So, the Director of this show is Mr. Imagawa ( I would right is name but I forgot :P ). He is the very same that did the Epic OAV of Giant Robo, and just recently Tentujin 28. He is a really great artist but it seems that he decided to stop directing and know he is writting. I would not blame him after all it took him almost 8 years to finish 6 OAVs.

Well what is G Gundam about you might ask, right?

Well G Gundam is about love, hatred, passion, awesome fighting martial artist that control giant robots and ... ... ..., comedy? well I guess that it is. Oh, before I forget, it has nothing to do with military power, fight between colonies, etc (well, maybe a little).

The main protagonist of this Show is Domon Kasshu (what a name), well this guy is a loner that walks around the world in order to kill his brother and while he is doing that he is to fight Gundam from different Nationalities. Well you see, this is because in the future there are no wars but there are fighting tournaments where one representative from each nation is to sacrifice himself in order to win the tournament so his/her country will govern the world for 4 years (i think in the future people will believe that fights are a lot more entertaining than democracy).
Yeah, I was forgetting why he wants to kill his brother. Well basically because one day he came to his home after training and it looks like his brother betrayed his father, kills his mother and took over his father's research to take over the world and destroy it. So he he has to kill him.

So, he embarks in an awesome adventure where he finds friends, love, passion, deception, hatred, etc.

This series has it all. The final episodes are a mixture of shoujo melodramatic romance with the most metal shonen action fighting scenes ever (well until neo getter robo came).

If you are a guy, watch this series, because is awesome.
If you are a girl, watch this series because of the drama and romance at the end ( well the last 15 episodes).

This robots are power by feelings (I think) and you know that the strong feeling is .... (yeah that word). So you know how the end is gonna be.

If you are still undecided, please watch the pictures from this web page:

G Gundam Go!

Comments

• I'm sorry, G Gundam is perhaps the worst Gundam ever. It might even be one of the worst anime ever. It's preposterously silly. Most of what the show has to offer is off the wall robots based on international stereotypes engaging in ludicrous combat. The plot is shallow and the characters are lame and cliche. The show would almost be laughable if I could watch it without cringing. When it was on Cartoon Network long ago, I saw a few episodes in totality and small bits from other episodes. I wish I hadn't.
  • I'm sorry, G Gundam is perhaps the worst Gundam ever. It might even be one of the worst anime ever.
    It's really unfortunate because the Giant Robo OVA is so good...Sorry, but I have to side with Scott on this.

But it's still not worse M.D. Geist.
  • I'm sorry, G Gundam is perhaps the worst Gundam ever. It might even be one of the worst anime ever. It's preposterously silly. Most of what the show has to offer is off the wall robots based on international stereotypes engaging in ludicrous combat. The plot is shallow and the characters are lame and cliche. The show would almost be laughable if I could watch it without cringing. When it was on Cartoon Network long ago, I saw a few episodes in totality and small bits from other episodes. I wish I hadn't.
    I think that those things that you do not like are what make this show that great.
    I mean, is kung fu with giant robots and over the top and ridiculous. After my classes I used to get home and watch it and I felt good. And the plot was something that I never see it coming. I guess it is good for me in the same way Initial D is good for you. Do not get me wrong I also like Initial D.
  • I'm sorta in the middle with G Gundam, there are somethings about it that are good, but there are definitely parts that make it bad and lame.
  • I only like one thing about G Gundam: The Mexican Sombrero Robot.
  • Tequila Gundam, he was Vandido that did not wanted to fight, what a pussy.
  • I only like one thing about G Gundam: The Mexican Sombrero Robot.
    Good... god.
  • "Worst Gundam" for me goes to Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny. G Gundam is terrible for story which is full of chiches. It is just a long kung fu movie which should have been condensed down to about 6 episodes. There is not one non-stereotypical character. It is almost completely different from every other Gundam show. The only reasons to watch G Gundam is to say you have seen every Gundam thing (and who would).
  • G Gundam is a crazy show about super karate robots fighting each other and a legion of zombie karate robot parasites that are controlled by a spider robot Gundam in space.

I love this show.
  • edited February 2007
    G Gundam has provided me with alot of amusment. Almost all of that has come from making fun of it. I somehow missed the "drama and romance" that was mentioned, although, to be fair, there might have been some deep drama that I missed becaused I was too busy laughing at the lumberjack gundam. But I doubt it.
    Post edited by Exarion on
  • It's preposterously silly. Most of what the show has to offer is off the wall robots based on international stereotypes engaging in ludicrous combat.
    And here is why I love G Gundam. It's impossible to take seriously.
    Shining Finger!
  • edited March 2007
    "Ay dios mio! It's Neo-Mexican's Sombrero Gundam!"

G Gundam falls into the so-bad-its-awesome category for me. Not unlike the Evil Dead series, actually.

God, that show was just so hilarious. I think my favorite episode is the one where the American Gundam has to fight Portugal's Clown Gundam- only the American pilot has this psychotic aversion to clowns. I nearly fell out of my chair when they did the terrorist clown circus flashback.
    Post edited by J.Sharp on
  • edited March 2007
    I'm sorry, G Gundam is perhaps the worst Gundam ever.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    No Scott, Gundam G-savior sucks, it's so bad I don't even count it as a member of the gundam series.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I'm sorry, G Gundam is perhaps the worst Gundam ever.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    No Scott, Gundam G-savior sucks, it's so bad I don't even count it as a member of the gundam series.
    I agree. Hence, G Gundam is the worst Gundam ever.
  • Well, G Gundam is for ones the best of the Gundams and for some the Worst of the Gundams. I think there is no middle ground.