This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What is the geekiest thing you have in your bedroom?

Comments

• Oh, come on. You've got two mics, a mixer, a compressor, and some software that runs on your computer. I'd hardly say that really counts.
    If by all that you mean 7 mics, a mixer, 3 compressors, 2 downward expanders, and a full audio suite. ^_~

If I open my closet doors for baffles, I can easily and professionally record small sets, soloists, vocals, and four-pieces. I have everything I need to record and mix any simple act.
    I'd love to see you fit a four-piece band in your bedroom. :p

Still, even with all that, it's a slight exaggeration to refer to your setup as a "recording studio." Not that you're prone to slight exaggerations or anything. :p
  • red storm trooper
    It's not a red storm trooper. It's the emperor's royal guard.
    Nice catch, Scott! That was my favorite original 1980s figurine. I also had Darth Vader with the green lightsaber, but it got broken. DAMN YOU, FATE!

I have no geek stuff in my bedroom, because that room is owned by my wife. She gets to make all the stuff-keeping-decorating-colors-fluffy-fucking-pillows-and-frilly-laced-curtains decisions there. I have a geek sanctuary upstairs in my office/computer room, though. One whole wall is my geek bookcase, which is stocked with all the neo-classic fantasy novels: Wheel of Time, Magician by Fiest, everything by David Eddings, the Prydain Chronicles, etc.... Floor to ceiling. Weee!
  • edited February 2007
    red storm trooper
    It's not a red storm trooper. It's the emperor's royal guard.
    I KNOW its a Emperors royal guard but i didn't take the time to look at the box and i couldn't remember the exact term at the time.
    Post edited by tiny on
  • edited February 2007
    Hands down..... ADAM!!!
    I keep an entire geek in my bedroom.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • I saw a huge royal guard statue at the comic shop today. It was almost $200, but it was HOT.
  • Hands down..... ADAM!!!
    I keep an entire geek in my bedroom.
    Do you let him out for fresh air on occasion?
  • Guess I have to make a list too. ^__^

1.Enough fantasy swords to fill a final fantasy game.
    2.Shelf full of manga and anime.
    3.Various signed posters.
    4.Midi console for my guitar.
    5.Green guitar with Cthulhu written on it's neck.
    6.Various computers.

Those are in my room, but I could also add the rose signet I have on my neck on my geeky item list.
  • edited February 2007
    I thinks its a tie between the roleplaying books (mostly my old Rifts collection) and the two Berzerkers I picked up for my brother's upcoming birthday.
    Post edited by J.Sharp on
  • edited July 2007
    Hrm. That's a tough one. I live in a studio, so basically all of my worldly geeky possessions are in my "bedroom." Tops are:

-Cthulhu plushie (complete with Santa hat)
    -Salmonellaand Ebola virus plushies
    -various anime wallscrolls
    -a crap ton of D&D; books

And, my personal favorite
    -a horned plastic Viking helmet signed by Henry Rollins
    [ZOMBEDIT]

Add to that one 500 x 400 mm painting of Salmonella rods at work

[/ZOMBEDIT]
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Off the top of my head I'd say my Slanket.
  • Probably my giant Pokemon diamond poster that I got with the game. It's up on my bulletin board along with tons of anime sketches and other drawings.
  • I got...

-GoGo Sentai Boukenger Accelluar (The Japanese version of the Power Rangers: Operation Overdrive morpher).

-Facehugger plushie.

-24" widescreen monitor.

-Various Japanese and American graphic novels.

-Various anime figures, the Rei and Asuka figures with interchangeable limbs and heads comes to mind.

-Anime DVDs, most recent are the limited edition Haruhi DVDs.

-Various computer games, including collector editions of Jedi Outcast and Half Life 2.
    Hey, I cannot just choose one.
  • Anime DVD's, Death Note Manga series, Star Wars poster, game systems etc...
  • edited July 2007
    My manga collection, and my "Con's Closed" flier I got from the 4chan panel at AB.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • I have no geek stuff in my bedroom, because that room is owned by my wife.
    Same here. I have my copies of Sanctuary up there right now . . . but she doesn't know they're there.
    I have a geek sanctuary upstairs in my office/computer room, though.
    I have the geek room and a computer lab of geekness in the basement including geeky wall adornments (and beer).
  • I have tons of toys including 4 foot-tall Final Fantasy action figures, around 50 Gachapon figurines, a few 7.5 in PVC figurines, I also have a limited edition Soul Calibur II art cell featuring Link, lithographs featuring Disney animated films, and a framed Haunted Mansion attraction poster.
    In my closet I have the majority of my 400+ volume manga collection.
  • My Final Fantasy and Gundam action figures. Yes, action figures. I'm too lazy for model kits. And, Sail, I want that Fillerbunny so bad.
  • I don't even know what a filler bunny is but that thing is BAD ASS :)
  • edited July 2007
    I don't even know what a filler bunny is but that thing is BAD ASS :)
    Filler Bunny is a creature created by comic book artist Jhonen Vasquez. When his comics were first released in a magazine called Carpe Noctrune, there'd be some pages devoted to ads. In the new releases of his comics, by Slave Labor Graphics, the ad space has been filled by a comic he devised while suffering from insomnia called "Filler Bunny." It's about a rabbit-like creature created by scientists who is abused in hilarious ways in order to provide entertainment to the readers. In one issue, he is given a fetus to play with. In another, he excretes his own organs, and is forced to recreate this act multiple times.

The Filler Bunny comics have been collected into 3 short volumes, each about 2-3 dollars each. They are poorly drawn, and absolutely morbid; everything Vasquez fans have come to love.
    Post edited by whatever on
  • Let's see. I have the G4 Mac, the FX Lightsaber, and the framed original run movie posters for "Tron" and "The Black Hole." The posters were gifts from my mom. She spent a GOOD bit of time and money hunting them down.
  • Since someone necroposted this thread I might as well update my list.

1.Enough fantasy swords to fill a final fantasy game.
    2.Shelf full of manga and anime.
    3.Various signed posters.
    4.Midi console for my guitar.
    5.Green guitar with Cthulhu written on it's neck.
    6.Various computers.
    7.angel sword shape guitar.(which cost 4k and I got for free.)
    8.evas...Lots of evas.
    9.Star wars rocks poster.(which was a thing of the day recently.)
  • I'm currently in the process of moving and my bedroom really doen't have anything geeky, however I was packing and found this:

Yes, it is an orange with a picture of Fruit Fucker drawn and signed by Gabe from Penny Arcade. I remember I had that done a few years back at a Sakura Con. Amazingly the orange is well preserved, but shriveled. I'll have to take a picture of the current one sometime. When I rediscovered this orange, I just giggled and thought I had to share. ^_^
  • oh mans, that orange is teh awesome.
  • ugh gross. You must have gotten alot of fruit flies.
  • ugh gross. You must have gotten alot of fruit flies.
    Actually no. I left the orange on my computer desk and it just dried out. No mold or anything. It just hardened and got darker with no odor. It was as if some awesome geek power had ordained this orange become preserved to share with world. ^^;;
  • edited July 2007
    You should dip it in some ultra clear resin to make it squish resistant, or some clear rubber to make a ball out of it.

Of course if you do plan on doing that, try it out with another orange with random sharpie scribbles.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • You should dip it in some ultra clear resin to make it squish resistant, or some clear rubber to make a ball out of it.

Of course if you do plan on doing that, try it out with another orange with random sharpie scribbles.
    I might just get another orange for Gabe to draw on and sign at the next PAX and find a better way to preserve it. Perhaps a bigger fruit and ask him to draw a huge mural. Hehe j/k. Maybe.
  • 7.angel sword shape guitar.(which cost 4k and I got for free.)
    This one?

• edited July 2007
    I know that's probably not meant to be played but, I'd really like to know how it sounds.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • 7.angel sword shape guitar.(which cost 4k and I got for free.)
    This one?

[image]
    You hit close, but no. That guitar is a one-off custom, The one I have features one angel wing as the sword handle. (Hence the name I put to it, sephiroth.)

To tell you the truth, I was dead close to buying that guitar from ebay and increase both my rare guitar and sword collections. XD