This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What is the geekiest thing you have in your bedroom?

13»

Comments

• Hmm... In my room, I've got lots of computer components sitting on a table. My high school recently got new computers, so I got all the old systems. Mostly I have ram, hard drives, and video/sound cards, but I've got a few P3 and P4 motherboards too.

Besides the books on my bookshelf (top shelf is sci-fi, next is classic and contemporary fiction, next is political and atheistic nonfiction, and finally fantasy), I have two models of Space Battleship Yamato. I also have various mecha figures I got from those little boxes at conventions (where the contents are random, what are those called?). Finally, I have the Densha Otoko novel (japanese) and the first few issues of "El Lobo Solitario y su Cachorro" (Lone Wolf and Cub), so I can practice my Spanish.
  • I finally got off my butt and took a picture of the orange signed by Gabe today.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Yeah it's not as cool as it originally was, however I'm very impressed it didn't grow any mold. It just hardened and stood intact.
  • edited July 2007
    My entire room is the geekiest thing ever.

-Many posters of anime from newtype. (At least 2 years worth.)

-A row of anime DVD's on the small dresser.

-Broken DDR pads recycled to be a wall decor and a matching mat.

-A ton of VHS and manga filling up a shelf

-Every issue to date of Shojo Beat, 2- 4 years of Newtype mags and misc. anime mags, comics, booklets and How to draw books, and figures on the big dresser.

-Three 4ft by 3ft collages of anime pictures from magazines. One made for 05, 06 and 07.

-2 consoles and assorted games.

Yep...I'm an anime geek. But I seen some really intensely decorated in the pool of all that is geek/nerd/otaku.....

this ---> http://www.gomanga.com/news/features_aoi_001.php
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • YoshoKatana at first I thought you said athiestic non-fiction where I would've had to give you a high five.
  • I'm sorry? Is "atheistic nonfiction" not proper?
  • Well, I did have this huge sticker that said, "GEEK", in google text, I kept it on my dresser, and now it's gone. Sad.
  • edited July 2007
    This thread needs more pictures.
    Post edited by mkg12 on
  • I want a Calorie Mate, after seeing that image that was burned into my mind.
    Thats awesome stuff, I'll give you props.
    Prizes for those who can name them all!
    Win for adorable Tezuka figures~ :D. But what the hell is a Calorie Mate?
  • But what the hell is a Calorie Mate?
    Wiki
  • edited July 2007
    image image image

Heil PR40 Mic, Mackie Onyx 1220 Mixer, Aphex 230 Voice Processor, Behringer Firewire Audio Interface, Dell 4:3 VGA Monitor, Macbook Core Duo 2.0 GHz 2GB RAM 160 GB HD, Phillips CD Player, iPod Video 30GB, Motorola E815 Cellphone, Altec Lansing Speakers w/ sub woofer, 160GB External USB Hard Drive, Yamaha Pacifica Electric Guitar, Crate Amp, Xbox 360 Premium, Nintendo Wii, Koss Stereo Headphones, Aloha Breeze Fan
    Post edited by glimpster on
  • edited July 2007

Win for adorable Tezuka figures~ :D. But what the hell is a Calorie Mate?
    Ya, the phoenix figure is pretty awesome if I must say so myself. I the capsule toys from Japan around a week or two ago. I was there for a week. I visited the Osamu Tezuka Store in Kyoto, and the Osamu Tezuka Manga Museum in Takarazuka. I thought overall, the merchandise was kind of disappointing. I'll post some pictures up later if anyone is interested.
    CalorieMate is in Metal Gear Solid 3. It is one of the food items he can eat. I was interested in how they tasted so I bought them to try.
    Post edited by mkg12 on