This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Desktop Screenshots Redux

Comments

• The shell is BBLean, a Blackbox for Windows. Uses up alot less RAM than Explorer.exe
    Thanks for that. I just installed, looks/feels quite awesome.
    Heh, I just did the exact same thing, although I'm having a bit of trouble with adding new hotkeys shortcuts.
  • edited March 2008
    I am playing with it right now. I hope you can add shortcuts? Suggestions? Ex: Keyboard Shortcut to Firefox. For now, everything is going smoothly. Also, is there a function so I can use this primarily over the other explorer setup?

Edit: Playing around with it, answers just about all questions. I am still looking for those shortcut commands though.

Lastly, don't think I have dumped my precious Ubuntu forumers. This is just to make my Steaming more enjoyable and efficient.
    Post edited by Zeehat on
  • In terms of keyboard shortcuts, I just use Launchy. IF you mean multimedia keys, you need a plugin for that.
  • edited March 2008
    Yes, I meant ctrl+key. Do you know the plugin off by hand? Off to google I go. It's called BBKeys, if anyone is wondering.
    Post edited by Zeehat on
  • edited March 2008
    Yeah BBKeys, thats the one I was trying to set up. I didn't try too hard though so if you get it setup and working, let me know.
    Post edited by Double Z on
  • So us penguins don't feel left out, gnome-do and katapult (Any KDE users around? I think I saw one somewhere..).
    edited March 2008
    Damn you people! This means I've got to change my background again. :l

Also, damn Photobucket for messing with me image, fixingFIXED.
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited March 2008
    Yeah BBKeys, thats the one I was trying to set up. I didn't try too hard though so if you get it setup and working, let me know.
    I've got it up and running. It's actually quite simple. In fact, I was looking into it, and it appears that it is pre-installed with bbLean. Regardless, there is a help page with all the functions of the shortcuts. Just download the file, and literally click on it. It should take you to that help page. I am trying to figure out how to customize these shortcuts right now.
    Post edited by Zeehat on
  • So us penguins don't feel left out
    Lastly, don't think I have dumped my precious Ubuntu forumers. This is just to make my Steaming more enjoyable and efficient.
    I'm a penguin too. I basically just use Windows for Steam. Anything else is better off in Linux.
  • edited March 2008
    I've got it up and running. It's actually quite simple. In fact, I was looking into it, and it appears that it is pre-installed with bbLean.
    Regardless, there is a help page with all the functions of the shortcuts. Just download the file, and literally click on it. It should take you to that help page. I am trying to figure out how to customize these shortcuts right now.
    Yeah, I know it should be quite simple, I'm trying to add this shortcut for Firefox:

KeyToGrab(F), WithModifier(Win+Ctrl), WithAction(ExecCommand), DoThis("C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe")

And it is just not working.
    Post edited by Double Z on
  • Windows for Steam
    Have you tried using Wine-doors to install steam on linux?
  • And it is just not working.
    Maybe instead of the Win+ctrl, just try the Win + key. I am also attempting the same thing right now.
    Windows for Steam
    Have you tried usingWine-doorsto install steam on linux?
    I have heard that while it is possible, it is not worth the struggle to get it working perfectly. Maybe that is why both Rym and Scott still keep a small Windows partition.
  • edited March 2008
    Post edited by Alan on
  • This wasn't my wallpaper today (I set it to change daily). However, since I had already taken this screen for a similar thread on another forum just a few days ago, I thought "what the heck?" Laziness FTW!

Click for a larger view:

Note the Burning Wheel folder. ;) Gearing up for our first campaign session at the end of the month. Wish us luck!
  • Your HD is named Laputa!
  • It is indeed! And my external drive is named Yggdrasil. :D

My desktop: 13.03.2008
  • edited January 2009
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
  • edited November 2008

My desktop: 13.03.2008
    What The Fuck is That? Crayola Linux?

Edit: My desktop. No it's not corrupted.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • @Sonic
    Wow that's a hectic wallpaper. 1st that I've seen before.
  • Sonic, that is the ugliest desktop I've ever seen.
  • How do you find anything on there?
  • I chiefly use my eyes, but sometimes my hands come in handy. To be serious, though, the background doesn't bother me. I hardly notice it.
  • Witness the fruits of my procrastination!

...I probably could have spent that time better.
  • That is fucking brilliant!
  • Lucky Star and Super Smash Brothers Brawl?! What the heck, that's crazy.
    My desktop
    my Acer Aspire One running ubuntu
  • What The Fuck is That? Crayola Linux?
    No, Ubuntu.
    edited November 2008
    @Foofly, what's that skin you use for your desktop?
    Post edited by ... on
  • @Foofly, what's that skin you use for your desktop?
    It's black ninja I think. I've got a cracked theme .dll that allows third party themes. I've had it ages, not sure where I got it from now, oops. Nice and minimal though.