This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Episode 74- Favorite Video Games

edited March 2006 in Video Games
I'd have to say that a few of my favorite games are Psychonauts, Kingdom Hearts, and Final Fantafy Tactics Advanced. and Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (which I declare is better then Oracina of Time). And also Guitaroo Man. And of course Final Fantasy IX. That might be all for now.

Comments

• I just picked up FFTA used scant weeks ago ^_^
  • I gotta play that psychonauts game. I'll get it and chibi robo when they are cheap. Also, Kingdom Hearts is probably the only PS2 game I actually want to play. One day I'll get a PS2 when they are cheap.
  • edited March 2006
    I must warn you about FFTA. I fear if you get to into it then there will no longer be a geeknights. That game was so addictive to me, I honestly put in over 200 hours into that game easy.

Also, speaking of games and scariness, i was so scared by the master hands in the forest temple in Ocarina of Time that i couldn't play that game for three frikin months.

One more note; Psychonauts is also avaliable for the PS2 an PC, so theres another reason to get a PS2. And yes, Psychonauts has THE MOST fantastic level designs EVER. Mental disorders are rendered in a very interesting and fascinating way. So yeah, pick it up.
    Post edited by NinjaNed on
  • I doubt FFTA will prove addicting. It's hard enough for us to find patience for games, addiction is almost out of the question.

I was scared by level 9 of Zelda 1, but nothing in Ocarina of Time had me even spooked. It seems like things meant to be scary like Eternal Darkness or Resident Evil don't faze me, but other things will have me freaked out. I actually haven't been genuinely frightened in a very long time. Anyone know a game or movie I haven't played/seen that is genuinely scary and not just jump out and go boo scary?

I thought psychonauts was for the GameCube. So sad.
  • Silent Hill.... That's freaky!
  • Doom 3 is 'scary'.

ShootShootShoot... walk a bit... BOO! ShootShootShoot... walk a bit... BOO! Rince and repeat, ad infinitum, ad nauseam. YAWN.

For creepy, as opposed to scary, try Facade. It does a very good job of making you feel genuinely uncomfortable.
  • edited March 2006
    I'd have to say that Prince of Persia - Sands of Time is one of my favoritest games. Ever. I can play that game endlessly, despite the fact that I know all the puzzles by heart.

That, and Blaster Master for the NES. Goddamn.

EDIT: Rym, Zelda 2 is in no way, shape, or form better than Zelda 1. Your opinion is wrong.

And yes, I only say that because I couldn't fucking beat that game.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • I'm an RPG junkie I suppose, but my favorite is probably either Chrono Trigger or FF6.

For real old-school, I would have to say old learning company games.
  • I would have to agree with Chrono Trigger, though Dragon Warrior, Legend of Zelda, and Secret of Mana come very close.
  • Zelda 2, that was another scary game. At least it was scary back in the day, not anymore.

I used to love all those RPGs. Definitely Chrono Trigger, FF6 and such were my favorites. But nowadays I can't stand the levelling. Golden Sun is good and so are the Mario RPGs because there is less levelling and more fun and puzzling stuff.
  • I think either Phantasy Star 3 or 2. 3 more likely because it was the first game I beat without a guide. 2 you just needed a guide, there was no way around it.

After that Dr. Mario.
  • Star Control II

nuff said.
  • Yeah, Star Control 2. Man, I can't believe it didn't come to mind. Goddamn. Oh well, Rym didn't mention X-COM or Advance Wars.
  • I thought we were limited to console games.
    If it's also open to PC games, then I would have to say X-COM.
    Nothing quite comes close to the joy of enforcing human supremacy through brutally killing our alien enemies.
  • X-COM was a testament to the wonder achievable through gaming. It was one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played.
  • Chrysallids.
    And maybe Ethereals, but by then you had heavy firepower of your own.
    But definetly, chrysallids.