This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Comments

• Three w00ts!
  • I have been thinking of the ultimate weapon to stop the Jack Thompsons of the world. Make the things you kill in every violent video game Nazis.

Notice that they only get up in arms about the GTAs and the Bullys but never the WW2 games? Its because the bad guys in WW2 games are Nazis and there is nothing bad about killing Nazis.

Here's how it goes in my head:
    Thompson: This video game is evil and must be stopped.
    Human: But you'll notice that the player is actually disemboweling Nazis with his bare hands while raping a Nazi.
    Thompson: Its horribly violent, think of the children!
    Human: So you like Nazis then?
    Thompson: No, but...
    Human: You think Nazis as a good influence on children? I'll have you know my grandfather died fighting Nazis! Now you want them running around our cities! You disgust me.
  • Make the things you kill in every violent video game Nazis.
    You obviously have never heard of Wolfenstein. It was the first fps, and all you killed were Nazis. People still complained.
  • Shoulda used the green font!
  • edited February 2007
    Instead of nazis, you should say "the terrorists". Then, if there's any objection to the game, you can say, "You want the terrorists to win!"

"Wolfenstein" was great. I especially liked "Return to Wolfenstein".
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Instead of nazis, you should say "the terrorists". Then, if there's any objection to the game, you can say, "You want the terrorists to win!"
    But then wouldn't you be playing Counterstrike?