This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 070206 - Videogame Difficulty

2»

Comments

• I like it when these old threads come back to life. They give me a reason to go back into the GN archives. I haven't heard anything earlier than 2009.
  • edited September 2010
    Hey Coldguy is here...
    I know a lot of Jason's work and I'm a Channel Awesome fan...
    Actually i discovered Geek Nights because of YOU! You say something about it on Spine Breakers...

So I must thank you Coldguy . :]
    Since I agree with Scott and Rym about the shame of self promotion, let me do it...
    Coldguy has a very nice podcast about books :]
    Here is a link to it!
    Post edited by tiago.bonetti on
  • Scott, In this episode, you talk about Castlevania and not wanting to do the slow careful explorey bit, and wanting to just burn through the game. Wouldn't that make it one of those walk-around-hitting-things games you hate so much?
  • I would mention Jamestown here since they have game difficulty in a bullet hell to a T. All the modes ramp the difficulty up in such a way that it does not feel cheap but rather a challenge and makes you want to improve your skills in each level.
  • Scott, In this episode, you talk about Castlevania and not wanting to do the slow careful explorey bit, and wanting to just burn through the game. Wouldn't that make it one of those walk-around-hitting-things games you hate so much?
    I do want to do the explory bit. I just don't want to get 100%. Who has time for that shit?
  • I just don't want to get 100%. Who has time for that shit?
    I can get behind this. I think you had a different spin on the issue in the episode, but it would be pretty unfair of me to be pedantic on an opinion you expressed four years ago.
  • I just don't want to get 100%. Who has time for that shit?
    I can get behind this. I think you had a different spin on the issue in the episode, but it would be pretty unfair of me to be pedantic on an opinion you expressed four years ago.
    I find it weird that I said such a thing. I always like the exploring parts. Super Metroid game is best game.