This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Your Toolkit

edited February 2007 in Technology
Alright - We all know what Rym And Scott's Toolkits entail (Geeknights 070205), but what about the rest of us?

Depends where I'm going, but I carry either my Bar Tools, My Computer tools, or Just my General Carry Stuff - The content of all of these, I'll continue with later because time is short right at this second.

What about the rest of you?

Comments

• Well, as a student, my toolkit is a couple of books, some paper and a pencil.^_^
  • As a Bartender, I keep most of my stuff at the bar, but My little travel kit is, roughly

-Boston Shaker
    -Hawthorne Strainer
    -Zester and Peeler
    -Barspoon
    -Waiter's Friend (AKA Wine Opener)
    -Barblade (Not an actual blade - just a long, flat piece of stainless steel with a hole at one end and a bottle opener at the other)
    -Garnish knife
    -Paring Knife
    -Pineapple Knife
    -Jigger x2
    -Muddler
    -Bar cloth
    -Grip cloth
    -Waist to Ankle Apron
    -Small Black Plastic Toolbox to carry it all in.

And also, I usually wear a 404 Stainless Cat's head ring that's Basically a little Bottle Opener.
  • -Rope
    -Chloroform
    -Blank bag
    -Knife
    -Bandana
    -Gloves
  • Ah, I thought it was you last Tuesday.
  • -Rope
    -Chloroform
    -Blank bag
    -Knife
    -Bandana
    -Gloves
    You forgot:
    -Pepper Spray
    -Adult Diapers
    -Crazed Expression
  • The most important thing in my toolkit is the live linux CD. I have a few with some different tools on them.
  • For work:
    A pen and piece of paper, and of course my desktop.

For home:
    6 different kinds/sizes of screw drivers, and 2 kits with variable heads
    An Exacto Knife
    2 hammers, one of them a claw
    a small flashlight
    a big of zip ties

That's about all I need for home/computer stuff
  • Two phones, six lines, computer, at least five pens, three notebooks, six legal handbooks, AP stylebook, four phone books, Mac address book, Photoshop, Quark, and Firefox tabbed all to hell.