This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Gankutsuou

edited February 2007 in Everything Else
Hello fellow forumites. I am wondering what everyone thinks of the anime Gankutsuou. Have the guys talked about this show on an episode? If not, I think they should watch it and do an episode on it.

Comments

• I've only seen the first disc but I liked it. The guys did do an episode, you can find it here.
  • Thank you sir.

Is there any way I can download that episode? The download link seems to be missing.
  • Click on the word "GeekNights" in the post. That's how a lot of the archived episodes work.
  • Click on the word "GeekNights" in the post. That's how a lot of the archived all of the episodes work.
  • I am downloading it as I type this.

Many thanks go out to you guys.
  • I really enjoyed Gankutsuou up until the last episode. It just didn't live up to the pacing and awesome that built up throughout the rest of the anime.
  • I just marathoned the whole series and I was really taken aback. In contrast to the most recent live action incarnation, the anime really covered the more interesting and important plot points and stuck rather well to the source material. Of course, some liberties were taken in order to make it work in the futuristic steampunk-esque environment of the series. I thought the pacing was okay, and I'm glad they did the last episode the way they did because it helps the viewer wind down after all the "GO GO GO GO GO OMG! GO GO GO GO GO OMG!" emotional roller coaster rides. And boy was it a ride. The scene when "so-and-so" dies was as moving as when "so-and-so" died in Full Metal Alchemist.
  • I've seen most of the series and I love it so far. I would be remiss if I didn't point out the rediculous opening theme, though. It is so bad that it is epic!
  • Are you kidding me? I'm gonna sing that a Karaoke next week!