This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Oh no! My gatorade! My frog!

So I bought a water jug with a tap in it, trying to be all cool and have gatorade on tap. I leave it in there for a few days while I go on a religious retreat (don't ask) and I come back to find floating green blobs of what I guess is mold or bacteria or some other sick shit. BAD FUCKING IDEA. I am the laziest person ever.

Also, when I looked into my goldfish tank I could see that one of my frogs was really huge, as if he had eaten a lot. I have no food in the tank nor are any of the fish missing. I guess he ate some of my rocks. What a douche. I bet he'll have fun shitting 1cm rocks out of his 3mm ass. Those were guestimations, I didn't measure my frog's ass.

Comments

• Man, I've left Gatorade to molder before, and the results are -always- unpleasant. (Ahh, band camp).
  • Well, seeing as how Gatorade consists mostly of sugar and salt, it's optimal growing conditions for mold.

Also, if you buy premade iced tea, make sure you buy it in a clear container, never an opaque one. That shit grows mold like nobody's business.
  • Something funny happened with some salad dressing Scott tried to make recently. He mixed olive oil, vinegar, water, and some herbs together. The result was a good, if a bit oily, salad dressing.

The next day, he pulled it out of the fridge, and it was full of what can only be described as cheese.
  • Emily and I just watched Toys in the Attic last night.

Reminded me of this thread. Also reminded me how absolutely amazing Cowboy Bebop truly was.
  • Emily and I just watched Toys in the Attic last night.

Reminded me of this thread. Also reminded me how absolutely amazing Cowboy Bebop truly was.
    Most relevant.

• The next day, he pulled it out of the fridge, and it was full of what can only be described as cheese.
    Pics?
  • When I moved into the current apartment, the fridge had been non-functional for about six months and was entirely infested with ants in the internals. It was pretty awful. Changed my perspective about initial apartment inspections massively (along with all the other broken or half-broken things). In the past, I wouldn't have pulled the major appliances away from the walls and put force on all the random peripherals and doors to make sure they are not just barely glued into place.

Skeeziest landlords I've ever had, but the place in located conveniently for me and it would be a relatively nice building if the godamn tenants and landlord took proper care of it.
  • Any time I've moved into an apartment with appliances included, I've brought my own refrigerator and asked the landpersons to remove theirs. Call me paranoid but my food goes in there. :)
  • edited June 2012
    I do that with the washer and dryer. I haven't yet accrued all of the basic furnishings.

Also I will go to WAR with infestations and people that lead to infestations. DO NOT TRIFLE WITH ME, I WILL BURN THIS WORLD TO SEE IT RID OF YOU.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • Toys in the Attic is one of my favorite Bebop episodes. Spike's hushed description of the fridge towards the end is some of the best voice acting.
  • I don't recall that specific episode, but I've been DVR'ing Bebop on Toonami lately. I need to buy the set and force my daughter to watch it with me.
  • I bought the DVD box set at the start of the previous school year, towards the end of the year my roommate and I watched the whole thing.
  • I've seen the whole series at least 3 times, but it's been awhile.
  • The set is like $30 these days on Amazon.
  • I'm at a point in my life where I have to carefully consider $20 purchases.
  • edited June 2012
    I've seen the whole series at least 3 times, but it's been awhile.
    I definitely need to watch it again. I don't have anything committed to memory except EDWARD IS EDWARD (because I am edward. a bit)
    Post edited by no fun girl on
    Ahhh, sorry. Been there. :(
    I'm a little butthurt about being here at 34. :P
    I'm a little butthurt about being here at 34. :P
    Ever since you talked about everyone in your house having a computer, and your daughter having an iPhone, you are not getting sympathy about being short on funds any more.
  • LOL.

The iPhone was a refurb for $9. Granted, I pay the data costs. The logic was that she never carried her phone, ever, when she had a clamshell. It would get left behind everywhere. Now that it's her pipeline to her social networking, that shit be in her pocket at all times and I can reach her. Expensive? Yeah, but I like being able to reach her. Trying to teach her discipline in remembering her phone the "right" way was a losing battle that was becoming impractical.

Our computers are 8, 5, and 5 years old, It'll be 2 or 3 more years still before we *might* be able to upgrade them.

$1500 for computers doesn't financially break a family. It was other things. :-)
  • LOL.

The iPhone was a refurb for $9. Granted, I pay the data costs. The logic was that she never carried her phone, ever, when she had a clamshell. It would get left behind everywhere. Now that it's her pipeline to her social networking, that shit be in her pocket at all times and I can reach her. Expensive? Yeah, but I like being able to reach her. Trying to teach her discipline in remembering her phone the "right" way was a losing battle that was becoming impractical.

Our computers are 8, 5, and 5 years old, It'll be 2 or 3 more years still before we *might* be able to upgrade them.

$1500 for computers doesn't financially break a family. It was other things. :-)
    $1500 is still 75 $20 bills you probably want right now and didn't need to spend back then. Little things add up. That's why I bag lunch to work every day. That's how I can afford a box of comic books every month, but co-workers actually care what day payday is.

I know people who actually are hard up for money who are way stingier than I am. They don't have any luxuries like extra computers because they sold them on Craigslist or eBay. If you were really suffering so badly, you would not have luxuries like mobile data plans.
  • edited June 2012
    Who's crying poverty? I said shit's tight and I have to be careful about purchases.

Obviously, that wasn't the case when we got computers. People in my house use computing prolifically. Sharing is not practical. I'm a programmer and I use my machine for work. Can't be kicking the wife and kid off all the time. Daughter uses hers for Honors-level coursework, so she's on it a LOT.

You're right, if I was DESTITUTE I'd sell off the couple of luxuries we have and be REALLY miserable. :)

Didn't mean to push a button, dude.
    Post edited by muppet on
  • Fucking really? They went there? I shouldn't be surprised, but dammit.
  • Fucking really? They went there? I shouldn't be surprised, but dammit.
    Well, they do have a point from a global perspective.
  • Little things add up. That's why I bag lunch to work every day. That's how I can afford a box of comic books every month, but co-workers actually care what day payday is.
    Pay day is my favorite day, it means I can now pay off another big chunk of my credit card. ^_^ But yeah, all those little things add up, it's a bitch.
  • Little things add up. That's why I bag lunch to work every day. That's how I can afford a box of comic books every month, but co-workers actually care what day payday is.
    Pay day is my favorite day, it means I can now pay off another big chunk of my credit card. ^_^ But yeah, all those little things add up, it's a bitch.
    What did you buy to make your credit card not 0? 0 balance for over a decade!
    What did you buy to make your credit card not 0? 0 balance for over a decade!
    Lots of little things that added up. I done fucked up, but I learned from my mistakes and now I'm better for it. I'll have it paid off in October.
  • edited June 2012
    Dunno about George but I paid medical bills to stop collection calls (hindsight is 20/20) and spent $15,000 saving my dog's life.
    Post edited by muppet on
  • 3 years for me. :-)