This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

A game comes out on all three next gen consoles

edited February 2007 in Video Games
Scenario: You have a PS3, an Xbox 360, and a Nintendo Wii.

A game that you want comes out on all three systems. Nothing is added in the game for either version and all three version play the exact same way.

Which one do you get and why?

I personally would purchase the Xbox 360 version for a couple of reasons.

-Achievements in the game so I can compare with friends.
-Achievements have added extra replay value.
-Being able to talk to/message my friends on Xbox Live while playing.
-Being able to seamlessly listen to music or podcasts while playing.
-The graphics are a step above the Wii. Although not as grand as the PS3 can display.
-I personally prefer the Xbox 360 controller over all the next-gen controllers.
-The Xbox 360 controller has rumble whereas the PS3 does not.
-If it is an online game it will be easier to match make and enter rooms.
-If a co-op mode is in the game I can play with my friends on Xbox Live. [Grant it you can do this in other systems but the Wii has friends codes and the PS3 does not have any sort of buddies list. Xbox Live seamlessly integrates that with ease.]
-The Wii ports that have been released so far have garnered lackluster reviews. [Compare reviews for Call of Duty 3 and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent for both the Wii, 360, and PS3]
-There may be a possibility of downloadable content such as skins, maps, trailers, gamer pics, etc.

[I can't seem to add a poll to this thread, can anyone tell me how?]

Comments

• You seem to be contradicting yourself. If the game is the same on all three consoles, then a lot of your reasons for choosing the 360 are not true. If there are achievements to compare with friends, an online co-op mode or a possibility of downloadable content, then that would exist on all versions of the game. Is the game the same on all three systems or not? Make up your mind.
  • Very true. I just didn't know how to word that correctly.
  • By achievements he means the Xbox-specific gamerscore that's raised by completing certain tasks in the game.
    Also, the PS3 does not have (as far as I know) a standardized voice chat system that lets you talk to your friends across games.
  • @Dave

I thought it was confirmed that some company will release a wireless mic in the future.

I really hope the Wii will have some sort of voice chat in their online games such as Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
  • @Dave

I thought it was confirmed that some company will release a wireless mic in the future.

I really hope the Wii will have some sort of voice chat in their online games such as Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
    Like a wireless USB Headphone/Mic set that has that Wii or an Apple look.