This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

More Ted Stevens Shenanigans

edited February 2007 in News
Soon after our friend Ted let it be known that he wants to restrict access to certain websites, he's started having some trouble with his own site.

Are any of you behind this?

Comments

• It seems likely it was a custom error message, either on behalf of the host, or the browser itself. (We muggles can't view the site ourselves now, so we'll have to take the reporter's word for it.)

In any case, it's unlikely Stevens, or any of his aides, had anything to do with it.

I recall that, shortly after the original "series of tubes" debacle, he offered to appear on The Daily Show to defend his position. That would have either been interesting (if, somehow, against all odds, he knows at least [i]something[/i] about the Internet), or damn funny (if he was just being himself). Unless he later rescinded the offer, I wonder why that interview never happened. Was Jon Stewart afraid the interview wouldn't go well? Colbert sure as hell wouldn't have shied away from a confrontation...the man has balls of steel.