This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Heroes

edited February 2007 in Everything Else
Has anyone been watching this? I know a lot of you don't watch TV, but I'm really enjoying this show and I thought I'd brought it up since it is nearing the end of the season.

For the rest of you, this is one for teh torrentz. Give it a 2-3 episode shot.

Comments

• It's pretty decent. Unfortunately, I've missed a couple of episodes so I need to catch up. My only real complaint is that most of the characters are impossibly pretty. Are perfect hair and skin a secondary power or something?
  • edited February 2007
    But, you gotta admit, Hiro is the awesome =)
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Hiro is the only reason I watch. He could carry an hour-long program by himself.
  • I have being watching it since the begging, and ti is awesome. Is this a spoiler thread, or do you prefer not having any spoilers?
  • edited February 2007
    Spoil away - it's not like you're gonna give away the ending of Anna Karenina or anything (she throws herself under a train).
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • But, you gotta admit, Hiro is the awesome =)
    Thanks guys ^_^
  • Dear god, the last ep of Heroes was some of the best TV I've seen in a while.
  • The last eposidoe was awesome, I loved how the flashbacks were all black & white.
  • For the rest of you, this is one for teh torrentz. Give it a 2-3 episode shot.
    I'm SHOCKED that you would suggest such a thing! That's illegal!
  • And they have the episodes online on the main Heroes Website. This is only for the US, but it's possible to catch up on the show if you want to get caught up.
  • That last epidose was truly awesome. I think that even if you do not read comics/ manga you can get caught on that series. Also, it looks like the director or someone on that series is an Anime fan (maybe the dude that plays as Hiro), is only because of all the Mazinger Z cameos I have seen on the first episodes.

I am waiting for the fight between Peter and Sylar.
  • Adam (Artboy) and I have seen every episode. We both really like it! I have to agree that the prettiness level is a little high, but it is television and superheroes, so it isn't unexpected. The suspense keeps it interesting, and I love that they do explain some points as they go (unlike many shows that just keep adding unanswered questions without any explanation at all - for anyone that watched Carnivale, you know what I mean).
    Hiro is the best character, but I have to say I enjoy most of the characters excepting Jessica/Nicki... both personalities are so one dimensional that it is painful.

All-in-all one of my favorite shows.
  • I'm just glad a show with this kind of content is so popular. This century has seen a rise in geek-friendly TV and cinema. Perhaps they realize just how big a market there is for sci-fi and fantasy.
  • I keep expecting them to cancel it. If it was on Fox they would have cancelled it after last night's show.
  • I keep expecting them to cancel it. If it was on Fox they would have cancelled it after last night's show.
    Ok, I am not gonna protect Fox, but they base their decisions on ratings and from what I know Heroes dominated that monday slot with about 14 million people watching it.
    How do you figure?
  • My bad. Fox would have begun by showing the episodes out of order. Pre-empting the show for other things. Continuously change the time slot and then cancel it.
  • Anyone remember a show called "Space: Above and Beyond" ?

This show had a huge following but... The people watching the show would watch it in big groups. ratings is one vote per TV not one vote per viewer. The show was later killed.

Serenity, one of the greatest Sci-Fi shows of the new millennium was shown out of order, pre-empted, shuffled and later canceled after running half a season.

What do these shows have in common? They were both on FOX.
  • edited March 2007
    Dude, I also hate Fox, and Firefly is indeed one of the greatest Sci-Fi shows ever. The only difference between Firefly and Heroes is that NBC knows how to promote and respect good shows, and Fox not.
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • Not having watched much Heroes, I can't really say much about it other than I greatly enjoyed what episodes I have seen. I'm glad that geeky things like mutants are so popular among the masses.

Though it could be for the same reason superhero movies are extremely popular. Nonetheless, this is a show I would expect to see on the sci-fi chanel, and I was really surprised to see that it was on NBC (or is it ABC? I can never remember). It's also relatively intelligent television, which I appreciate.
  • Nonetheless, this is a show I would expect to see on the sci-fi chanel, and I was really surprised to see that it was on NBC.
    They actually run it on the Sci-Fi Channel too, it just premieres on NBC. So there's another way to see it if you are like Tuttle and are appalled at my suggestion of pirating.
  • The best thing that NBC did for that show was to have marathons of it. I would've never caught that show if they didn't do that.
  • edited March 2007
    The hiatus is gonna be for about 7 weeks, that is weak. And I know that everybody dies at then of the season That is weak dude, that is weak
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • How can you be so sure that everyone dies? They have some "big names" on that show. And, as much as I'd like to see that schizophrenic lady die because her character sucks, she is one of those big names. The last thing they are going to do is kill off all their characters if they want another season.

By the by, perhaps Scrym could add the Hidden Text add-on for Vanilla?
  • It may be possible. The seasons are going to have different story arc's; I believe the analogy was like different comic books within a comic series. Each season will have different protagonists however, previous stars could still make appearances. The overall themes and issues will remain but the current situations will change.
  • Gah! One of the characters said, "O M G". I wanted to shotgun her in the brain.
  • Heroes just ended. And was that not the most awesome possible place Hiro was left as the cliffhanger?
  • Heroes is a cool show. The only thing I have against it, is the acting of Milo Ventimiglia (Peter Petrelli)
  • So, I guess Sylar is not dead yet?
  • Heroes is a cool show. The only thing I have against it, is the acting of Milo Ventimiglia (Peter Petrelli)
    Gasp! I love Peter!