This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Awesome!

edited February 2007 in Everything Else
I have to admit, this is pretty cool. Maybe even cool enough for a thing of the day? o_O

link to video

I hope everyone hasn't already seen this.

Comments

• That is pretty impressive. Especially across two keyboards.
  • Yeah, that's pretty impressive.
  • Not to discredit that guys rendition of the Hyrule theme, but it's an electric organ, that's how it's supposed to be played nothing too special although very good, don't get me wrong, I'm probably just jaded from seeing the Video Game Pianist live.

But I did find something truly awesome: link to video

I cannot believe the finger dexterity and control this guy must have... O.O
  • edited March 2007
    Now this an organ piece!

/spazes out on classical music XD
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited March 2007
    And this is a guitar god!

Just... wow.
    Now this an organ piece!

/spazes out on classical music XD
    And that explains why I love classical music ^_^
    Post edited by Corbin on
  • edited March 2007
    I don't think Hedges could play the double guitar but

I'll raise.

And if you want acoustic excellance check out

Otofuke

Truly amazing guitar work and personally my favorite acoustic band... until the band broke up T_T
    I saw them play live in the streets of Shinjuku, and at a live performance in Shibuya, seriously talented.
    Post edited by Corbin on
  • edited March 2007
    I go all in.

While Hedges couldn't play that double guitar bit, I found it to be quite repetitive and lacking feeling behind it. That's the problem with metal guitar, there is a point where it is only technical playing and while there is nothing wrong it that, I find it boring to listen the same finger tapping over and over. Musicianship is more than just technical prowess in my opinion. That and the fact that Hedges pretty much reinvented acoustic guitar playing...
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited March 2007
    I concede, because that video is teh awesome and powerful.

But I throw one last chip onto the table, I saw it a long time ago but it's still amusing. ^_^
    Post edited by Corbin on