This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

These freaking avatars!!!(Forum icons)

Comments

• Mine is the visible representation of time. And laziness.
  • Mine's a little pixel dude I made in paint.
  • Mine is Rei from Hokuto No Ken.
  • For a pretty long time mine was just a sprite of Hamtaro, but now it's Yacopu from the game Trip World.
  • Mine is Voltaire. Yeah, that.
  • imageAt some point someone described me as being like a Teddy Bear with a black hole in its belly. I liked the comparison so much that when I ran across a draw thread on /tg/ I made the request, and the drawfag came through in spades.
  • Mine is a carrot, but the re-size lopped both the ends off, so it looks like a fucked up triangle.
  • Churba, yours is a tornado of manliness!
    This is actually what I always assumed it was.
    Mine is a Dawn Caste-Mark from the Exalted tabletop RPG. I'm not particularly infatuated with the system, but it was the first thing that popped into my head as being legible in such a tiny space and also simple enough for me to draw.
    I'm absolutely using this from now on. I wish I was smart enough to have thought of that.

Nah - When I first joined, I found a tiny image that was distinct enough that I could find my own posts while scrolling down a page fast. I found a little carrot, and used that, it lopped off the top and bottom when I put it up.
  • You all know what mine is.
    Churba, yours is a tornado of manliness!
    I'm absolutely using this from now on. I wish I was smart enough to have thought of that.

Nah - When I first joined, I found a tiny image that was distinct enough that I could find my own posts while scrolling down a page fast. I found a little carrot, and used that, it lopped off the top and bottom when I put it up.
    I could never figure what it was, but I always thought that it looked like it should be the logo of a paramilitary organization.
  • You all know what mine is.
    Churba, yours is a tornado of manliness!

I could never figure what it was, but I always thought that it looked like it should be the logo of a paramilitary organization.
    Being a Chicagoan to the core, this is what I always thought of:

• Mine is Casshern Helmet making me immortal and fucking awesome.
    That makes me think of this -
  • That makes me think of this -
    Which makes me think of this:
    (As an aside, how many Vampire Hunters do you think there are?)
  • (As an aside, how many Vampire Hunters do you think there are?)
    I suppose that depends on your metric. If you're going by main stars of a universe, possibly a hundred or two, if you're going by how many a canon implies, there are thousands in the Buffy Universe alone (After all the potential Slayers were activated).
  • We all know Vampire Hunter D is the only one that matters.
  • I suppose that depends on your metric. If you're going by main stars of a universe, possibly a hundred or two, if you're going by how many a canon implies, there are thousands in the Buffy Universe alone (After all the potential Slayers were activated).
    The metric I would use here are characters that are specifically referred to as "Name: Vampire Hunter", or "Vampire Hunter: Name". As far as I know, Buffy is more often referred to as "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", with "Vampire Slayer" being an entirely separate occupation from "Vampire Hunter". She is more known for her slaying of the vampires than her hunting of them, where as Jesus Christ is most famous for his hunting of the vampires.

So far, it looks like we have three accounted for.
  • edited October 2010
    We all know Vampire Hunter D is the only one that matters.
    I knew you cared.

But yeah, that's where the avatar and the name are from.
    Post edited by Vhdblood on

Was really into Wildstorm comics back when they first launched. Chose a Backlash avatar on a whim at least a decade ago, and have kept using it since, even though I long ago stopped reading the books.
  • Was really into Wildstorm comics back when they first launched. Chose a Backlash avatar on a whim at least a decade ago, and have kept using it since, even though I long ago stopped reading the books.
    As much as I like the Backlash books, All I can think when I look at that cover is "Someone Went to the Liefeld School of Comic Book Art."
  • Mine is the SAAB insignia. If I get a new car my avatar will probably change to match.
  • I love Scott Pilgrim, and also bacon.
  • I found mine on some other forum many moons ago. It was one of their default avatars and I really liked it, so I downloaded the file and have been using it in various forms ever since. Even after running it through tineye I still have no idea what its source is; tineye only comes up with forum avatars. I've long suspected it came from the cover of some late-70s/early-80s sci-fi novel or some video game's box art.
  • My current avatar is an image of Pegasus Seiya from Saint Seiya. In the past, though, I had used a picture of a water wheel (that I took myself), Gourry from Slayers, and the Sixth Doctor, just to name a few.
  • Breloom is one of my top 5 favorite Pokemon.
  • edited October 2010
    It's my face from a webcomc me and my friend used to make, I was guest-starring in one strip and I took avatar there. These days I have longer hair and nose.
    Post edited by Apsup on
  • Mine is of Lua Klein from the Baccano! anime. Specifically, it's an image taken from this Baccano!-themed Danjo parody video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSQ85RLvCRQ

I also have an animated version that I use on other forums and on LJ:

• edited October 2010
    My avatar is a chibified version of this lady, from Fire Emblem 4 (my favorite game in the universe.)
    Post edited by Johannes Uglyfred II on
  • edited October 2010
    Char, Charmander, Char
    Post edited by ColdfireSerge on