This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Audio chat

edited March 2007 in Technology
I am totally enamored of the idea of live call-in podcasts/Skypecasts, but finding decent ones seems to be impossible. Most seem to be a) Islamic, b) a bunch of morons making random animal noises, c) gay men with webcams, d) pot smokers, e) Christian bible studies, f) Turkish, and g) racist rapper wanna-bes throwin' down pathetic beats.

Anybody know any good ones, on Skype or otherwise?

Comments

• I'm not aware of any, but you could always make one.
  • edited March 2007
    Most seem to be a) Islamic, b) a bunch of morons making random animal noises, c) gay men with webcams, d) pot smokers, e) Christian bible studies, f) Turkish, and g) racist rapper wanna-bes throwin' down pathetic beats.
    Yeah, that's pretty much all there is.

I think we need to organize a forum chat one day. I'd really like to talk to all you people.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • That's why people should go to Otakon 2007!! ^_^ we could have a forum meetup.
  • That's why people should go to Otakon 2007!! ^_^ we could have a forum meetup.
    Sounds like a plan. XD
  • I'm on the west coast. *sniff*
  • edited March 2007
    Many halfway organized gaming clans have their own private Ventrilo server (Teamspeak if they're ghetto) and we all hang out and shoot the breeze whenever we're on the computer. It's childsplay to host your own server, all people need is a mic and free software in order to chat.
    Post edited by Kite on
  • We really don't have the time to run IRC/TeamSpeak/whatever servers at the moment, but ou guys are free to put together whatever "unofficial" services you want. ^_~

Someday, when we have a more powerful box, I have grand visions of running semi-private game servers for everyone.
  • I think I may have found a suitable server, so that grand vision might not be too far off.
  • edited March 2007
    I found a fun Skypecast last night, and ended up debating global politics with a British crazy for about two hours. He was adamant that the U.S. government secretly runs large media companies using a small group of conspirators who want to diseminate pro-American information. Unfortunately, you can't argue with someone who discards all your sources of information as part of the conspiracy.

I've had fun with Ventrilo/Teamspeak myself. What games are you all using them with? I like Enemy Territory, Knight Online World, Team Fortress Classic... Post the TS/Vent server numbers and we'll pop up together sometime. I'm all for a FRCF chat/game. Or I'd be willing to host a Skypecast for us all some night and we can debate some of these issues Scrym have brought up -- especially the impending zombie apocalypse.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • edited March 2007
    We could have come sort of bi-weekly or monthy Skypecast where the forum discusses the recent GN shows or issues in the forum. Maybe Scrym could even join in on the discussion.

I'm sure once TF2 and the new awesomes of PC games come out this year, probably the summer, we will finally have the Geeknights Gamenights we have been talking about but never actually getting around to.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • I much agree to both of those points. Arguing through text is much too slow. Think of all the name-calling and finger-pointing we could do in just a half-hour with a live chat! XD