This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The thing you always lose.

edited March 2007 in Everything Else
What is the one thing that you need that you can never find?

I have these pills that I'm meant to take and I constantly lose the prescription for them. It seems as if there is a little black hole in my house that selectively chooses this particular item and steals it from me. I must have a house full of these things.

Does anyone else have any personal miniature black holes that eat their things?

Comments

• I have a little text by my PC that pretty much sums up my black hole: "Vital papers demonstrate their vitality by moving from where you left them to where you can't find them."

I'm the leader of a small organization, and right now I'm missing the most important economy papers for the upcoming meeting. It's driving me nuts.
  • For me it mostly seems to be socks, but yes, I know exactly what you mean
  • Ok, I have pinned the new prescription to the noticeboard. When I can't find it again remind me that is where it is.
  • Pens. They disappear from me, running and screaming in terror, never to be seen or heard from again.
  • My wife likes to "move" things and not tell anyone where she moved them to.

This annoys the hell out of me and my daughter.

"What the heck happened to that form I need?"
    "Well, where do you think it is?"
    "I don't know where it is but I know where I left it. I left it eaxctly 1/2" in this stack of papers between the J.C. Penny catalog and the phone book. Those things are missing too..."
    "Well, they don't belong there."
    "Are you telling me you moved them?"
    "I'm telling you they don't belong there..."
    "AARRGGGHHHHHH!!!!! where are my papers?"
    "They are where they should be."
    "Which is where?"
    "In the filing cabinet."
    "Why are they there when I left them here?"
    "Because they don't belong in that pile."
    "But, I left them there so I could easily find them."

And on and on it goes...
  • edited March 2007
    Steve, I completely understand. My wife is a shuffler as well. She wants to feel like she is doing something, so she'll "clean" perfectly organized drawers, desktops, counters, shelves, etc. just for the estrogen rush. Then she has the nerve to say I never clean anything. In the end, all she's doing in messing up my system by moving my crap.
    "They are where they should be."
    My answer to this is: Wherever I put them, that is where they should be. Do you want to lose a hand, woman?

What REALLY pisses me off is when she starts moving things around on my computer. STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY DIRECTORIES. I'm exactly like Rym; everything is sorted into a strictly-defined, spic-and-span system, and I can tell you at any given point exactly where every MP3, text doc, exe, shortcut, image file, or dll is located. Until Lisa starts "cleaning," anyway.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • My wife likes to "move" things and not tell anyone where she moved them to.
    My grandmother does that too! Except along with not telling anyone she forgets that she's done it and denies ever even seeing said item.