This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

ETA on the show's return?

edited March 2007 in GeekNights
Can we get an ETA on the show's return?

Comments

• Um, it's returned. Rym was just too lazy to go to Alex's house and upload the show last night, so he's doing it this morning at work. There are supposedly cable guys coming today to our house, and I have left instructions not to let them leave until it is fixed.
  • My work blocks all ftp, so I can't upload last night's show until I get home this evening.

It was pretty late by the time we finished last night, and Alex sounded half-asleep when I called him, so I wasn't about to barge over there. ^_~
  • My work blocks all ftp, so I can't upload last night's show until I get home this evening.

It was pretty late by the time we finished last night, and Alex sounded half-asleep when I called him, so I wasn't about to barge over there. ^_~
    You can use the http on libsyn's website. Rym = excuse for laziness.
  • You can use the http on libsyn's website. Rym = excuse for laziness.
    No, I can't. The libsyn website is blocked as well.
  • E-mail it to someone you can trust with access to your libsyn account.
  • No one has access but Scott and myself. Email is terrible for sending large files. I'd have to break it up into 10MB chunks, upload them all individually, and then wait for Scott to download them all, put them back together, and upload it.
  • Your work blocks libsyn??? Do they give a one word reason?
  • "MP3 and Audio Download Services"
  • We are back up. This whole time, it was the cable modem. Strangely enough it didn't give any signs that it was broken. All of the LEDs on the modem worked properly, and it acted normally in every way. In the end, replacing the modem resulted in working Internets.

I guess that means today we will have a Geek Matinee in addition to a Geek Night.
  • The cable modem. The cable modem. The first and most obvious point of failure. The FIRST FUCKING THING THEY SHOULD HAVE CHECKED??!

How could a tech decide that his best course of action is to test the cables in the walls (that haven't moved) and the wires on the utility poles BEFORE he checks to see if the cheap endpoint box that sees constant use is working?

Sigh...

So tonight will be a two-fer, and we owe Emily one for being home to deal with these clowns. ^_^
  • So, if by a miracle I get AWO and two geeknights then tomorrow will be my best day of the week :D
  • what about just taking a break for a while? I think you guys do a great job as it is and you totally should just chill out, play some more games, watch some more anime and come back with lots of interesting stuff to talk about.
  • what about just taking a break for a while? I think you guys do a great job as it is and you totally should just chill out, play some more games, watch some more anime and come back with lots of interesting stuff to talk about.
    Blasphemy! Shun the non-believer!
    Blasphemy! Shun the non-believer!
    I agree. Dance monkies! Dance!