This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Desktop Screenshots!

2»

Comments

• w00t - Lets dig up an old dead thread to spread the fun
    My baby
  • My desktop is very minimal. I run almost every application I use either directly in a terminal or from the little launcher at the bottom left in the translucent taskbar.

• Thanx for the info on lauchy. Because of it, I've only clicked on one of my desktop icons today.
  • TIme to delete them desktop icons so we can see the awesome wallpaper then :)
  • I wish I could, but launchy doesn't seem to catch all my applications in my programs list.
  • I found this screenshot when I was cleaning my desktop. Yay for launchy.
    bg
  • My wonderful wonderful windows desktop.

In my defense, the SUSE 10.1 iso is downloading in the background, and the "OFFICE_1" disk loaded in the CD tray is in fact a DVD of The Office, not MS office.

Btw, Titan Quest sucks unless you're a big Diablo II fan.

I still have random crap on the desktop from building the computer a few weeks ago, and a bunch of e3 videos scattered around.
  • Kenjura: If you want some real defense, download an Ubuntu iso in the background.
  • I honestly don't know how some of you work with those messy desktops.

http://www.paulredmond.org/images/desktop.jpg
  • Here is my current one

151652651_bf365c4bd7.jpg?v=0

And my Old one hahaha...

151652652_ab4c329081.jpg?v=0

Yes, thats a firefox condom...
  • Can somebody who's tried Launchy give us a desktop shot?
  • When I get home, I'll show you.
  • I've started using launchy, but it has mainly replaced the start menu, not what I access through the desktop, so I haven't made any changes to what's on my desktop.
  • I have started using launchy, but honestly, I'm so used to ctrl+esc, quickly go where I need and enter to switch entirely. I actually forget I even have installed half the time. Most of the stuff I use is on the start menu immediately.
  • I've replaced all desktop, quicklaunch and start menu icons on my Windows work PC by using Launchy. But for some reason, Launchy does not appear in screenshots taken with The GIMP. I think Launchy is drawn into a different framebuffer than the one GIMP acquires screenshots from. Nedless to say, my desktop in windows is now plain blue. The only icons I have are My Documents, My Computer, Recycle Bin and Wireless Networking (for enabling/disabling). There is also the system tray (screw you notification area zealots!)
  • Cluttered desktop?

Not for me!

• Is that a fluxbox I see?
  • edited May 2006
    desktop
    Here's my desktop after launchy came into my life. That bar in the top left corner is launchy.
    Post edited by Ametto on
  • That is indeed a fluxbox...works nicely on the pII-266 w/ 64M of RAM it's installed on
  • Here be mine currently.

You do NOT want to look in that "to be sorted" folder.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

• My Desktop

1440 x 900 screen res bit big but who cares widescreen ftw :P
    Digging up old topics is fun...
  • I was embarassed to show my desktop to anyone before today, but I've fixed it.

Notes: Upper left corner is Launchy, and the desktop background is found here (it was on Fark today).
  • Trogdor, any plans to make your files / folders look like question boxes, bricks or clouds?