This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anime Boston

Comments

• I've booked my flight, will see you bitches there.
  • I saw some of the pictures in the first page of this thread and I'm suddenly really homesick for Boston.
    You could always just start... Shipping Up to Boston, to find your wooden leg...

:3
    Oh, that old thing? Nah, I traded it in for a prosthetic one...Which I then modded to generate electricity every my knee bends. It's a pretty good system and it recharges the batteries in the calf portion. Alot like regenerative braking on electric cars.
    All you need know is to install an Easy-Bake oven on that thing and you can walk and bake brownies!
    You know, I tried that once, but what ended up happening is when the lightbulb started heating up, it started melting the insulation around the wires and caused an electrical short. Well, the short actually reversed the flow of electricity so that power went TO the motor at the knee instead of FROM. Long story short, the guy I was showing that particular innovation to got a swift kick in the gentleman's vegetables. I kinda scrapped that idea after that...
  • My friend just heard back about his panel (which I'll be helping on). If you're in town at 10 AM on Friday, make sure to stop by Ballroom A for "Craziest Moments in Mecha", two hours of only the best, most hilariously awesome moments in Mecha anime.
  • Oh fuck, this is the same weekend as Easter. SHIT!
  • This email is to let you know that your panel titled:

Con Survival

has been WAITLISTED for Anime Boston 2010. Sorry. :(
  • On the Road for Anime Pilgrimages
    107 Panel 6 on SATURDAY starting at 06:00:00 PM

After Cowboy Bebop: The Works of Shinichiro Watanabe
    306 Panel 2 on FRIDAY starting at 08:30:00 PM

Hentai Manga: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
    107 Panel 6 on SATURDAY starting at 12:00:00 AM

Chains, Trains, and Happy Endings: Japan’s Underground Sex Culture
    202 Panel 5 on FRIDAY starting at 01:00:00 AM

Panel descriptions here.
  • edited February 2010
    All of my panels got waitlisted. Needless to say that means no. I'll still be around though.
    My friend just heard back about his panel (which I'll be helping on). If you're in town at 10 AM on Friday, make sure to stop by Ballroom A for "Craziest Moments in Mecha", two hours of only the best, most hilariously awesome moments in Mecha anime.
    Is that a Will panel? :D
    Post edited by Viga on
  • All of my panels got waitlisted. Needless to say that means no. I'll still be around though.
    My friend just heard back about his panel (which I'll be helping on). If you're in town at 10 AM on Friday, make sure to stop by Ballroom A for "Craziest Moments in Mecha", two hours of only the best, most hilariously awesome moments in Mecha anime.
    Yup. You gonna be there? :P
  • All of my panels got waitlisted. Needless to say that means no. I'll still be around though.
    Hell to the yeah!
    Hell to the yeah!
    You know, every time someone says that I think of Meg (the Haruhi from last year), who says that all. the. time.
  • This email is to let you know that your panel titled:

Con Survival

has been ACCEPTED for Anime Boston 2010.
  • Con Survival
    Thumbs up to this.
  • Con Survival
    Thumbs up to this.
    First slide: Shower, motherfuckers.
  • I think I'm gonna go this year!
    ... Just wanted to get that out.
  • One month to go. Everyone ready?
    Oh shit, Pax East and AB are THIS FUCKING MONTH.
    Oh shit, Pax East and AB are THIS FUCKING MONTH.
    That reminds me...those Cookie Brigade cookies won't bake themselves. I'ma probably gonna make 3 batches of them and I'm sure that'll be enough.
    Seriously? If I haven't registered yet, am I screwed?
  • edited March 2010
    Probably, but good luck.

I'm getting pretty psyched for this. ^_^

EDIT: oh wait, this is AB not PAX, yeah you can probably still register.
    Post edited by George Patches on
    Seriously? If I haven't registered yet, am I screwed?
    You can reg at the door.
  • You can reg at the door.
    In a long line, and hope it doesn't hit the cap.
    AB won't hit the cap. I don't think it ever has. And the new reg system is a lot better; it's no linecon anymore.
  • RymRym
    edited March 2010
    And the new reg system is a lot better; it's no linecon anymore.
    Maybe I'm just old or impatient, but I have no tolerance for a registration line (at any event) that takes more than about 15 minutes to complete.

PAX has zero line. NYAF/NYCC has a fairly fast line (though I skip it regardless). Professional technical conventions have zero lines.

Otakon has an unbearable line on Friday and a painful-but-not-entirely-unbearable line on Thursday. If you can't make Otakon's Thursday reg line, you're completely screwed on Friday. Even at AB, where we get to skip the line, the "line" past the real line (for the other people who skip it) was about a half-hour last year.

Otakon and AB are really the only cons that have annoying lines for us at this point.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Even at AB, where we get to skip the line, the "line" past the real line (for the other people who skip it) was about a half-hour last year.
    See, what you need is a friend who gets your badge for you. ~_^
    AB won't hit the cap. I don't think it ever has. And the new reg system is a lot better; it's no linecon anymore.
    I'm pretty sure that AB hit the cap once, but it wasn't in the past 5 years.
  • it's no linecon anymore.
    Queuing : The convention would probably be the most popular convention in England.
  • I'm pretty sure that AB hit the cap once, but it wasn't in the past 5 years.
    That was at the old venue, when they vastly underestimated the size of the con.
  • I'm pretty sure that AB hit the cap once, but it wasn't in the past 5 years.
    That was at the old venue, when they vastly underestimated the size of the con.
    Who would of thought it would grow SOOOOO fast.

I know this con is awesome and had a great time last year, but I'm still not rev'd for it yet.
  • edited March 2010
    Shall we do an FRCF Panel-off?

Panel 302 Friday, 10:00-12:00: Craziest Moments in Mecha
    My friend Will and I recount some of the most hilarious, weird, and awesome moments in Mecha anime. From Oppai Missiles to Goldion Crusher, we got it all. Or at least, as much as we could fit in two hours.

Panel 202 Saturday, 17:30-19:00: Con Survival
    You'd be surprised how many people need the basic hints like how to pack (early), what to pack (All of them), and how often to shower (Every day). If you've never been to a con before, and need hints, or if you're just worried that you're not doing it to maximum efficiency, stop by.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • Panel 202 Saturday, 17:30-19:00: Con Survival
    You'd be surprised how many people need the basic hints like how to pack (early), what to pack (All of them), and how often to shower (Every day). If you've never been to a con before, and need hints, or if you're just worried that you're not doing it to maximum efficiency, stop by.
    Hand out bars of soap at the door.