This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anime Boston

Comments

• GeoGeo
    edited March 2010
    Panel 202 Saturday, 17:30-19:00: Con Survival
    You'd be surprised how many people need the basic hints like how to pack (early), what to pack (All of them), and how often to shower (Every day). If you've never been to a con before, and need hints, or if you're just worried that you're not doing it to maximum efficiency, stop by.
    Hand out bars of soap at the door.
    I wonder how many fänboys will show up at the door.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Panel 202 Saturday, 17:30-19:00: Con Survival
    You'd be surprised how many people need the basic hints like how to pack (early), what to pack (All of them), and how often to shower (Every day). If you've never been to a con before, and need hints, or if you're just worried that you're not doing it to maximum efficiency, stop by.
    Hand out bars of soap at the door.
    I wonder how many fänboys will show up at the door.
    Probably not enough.
  • RymRym
    edited March 2010
    We acquired our plane tickets for AB and PAX.

Flying was not substantially more expensive than the bus, but significantly faster. Worse, flying was cheaper than Amtrak.

This will the the second shortest distance I've ever flown in a plane larger than a Cesna.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • We acquired our plane tickets for AB and PAX.

Flyingwas not substantially more expensive than the bus, but significantly faster. Worse, flying wascheaperthan Amtrak.

This will the the second shortest distance I've ever flown in a plane larger than a Cesna.
    Yeah, I've noticed that taking Amtrak is ridiculously expensive for what it is. I don't know if this is a Boston thing or if it's more systematic, but it'd be nice if it were cheap. I guess Megabus is always an option. Ten bucks from Boston to New York, and it's not a Chinatown Bus.
  • I'm really really trying to suppress the urge to rant for several paragraphs about Amtrak. Rym has heard me rant before, and I'll spare everyone else. Suffice to say, this is a very systematic problem, especially bad on the DC to NYC corridor. GRRRRRRR.
  • Suffice to say, this is a very systematic problem, especially bad on the DC to NYC corridor. GRRRRRRR.
    It's because it's the only profitable corridor.
  • edited March 2010
    It's because it's the only profitable corridor.
    I know, it's also the corridor I travel a lot, and don't take amtrak cause it's so hideously expensive. It pisses me off, it's the only public transit that still stops in Trenton.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • I've got my stand-up show on friday at 8pm, and then I'm MC'ing the cosplay masquerade pretty much all day Saturday.
  • I've got my stand-up show on friday at 8pm, and then I'm MC'ing the cosplay masquerade pretty much all day Saturday.
    Are you that person that always dresses up with the bazooka and the khakis, or am I thinking of someone else?
  • You're thinking of some one else, he dresses in black with a silver tie or a sailor scout outfit occasionally.
  • I got a panel accepted!

Panel 302 on SUNDAY starting at 12:00:00 PM. Woot!

Which one?

Which one?
    I got so excited I forgot to post that! :P

It's Otaku TV!

Which one?

It's Otaku TV!
    What is it about?

Which one?

It's Otaku TV!
    What is it about?
    Oh! Yeah...

It's about anime about anime fans such as: Otaku no Video and Genshiken.
  • So, I've found a Japanese Bakery that's not TOO far from the con that I'm dragging you guys all too.
  • So, I've found a Japanese Bakery that's not TOO far from the con that I'm dragging you guys all too.
    Cause that won't be mobbed during an anime con.
    It's far enough away that I doubt anyone will be there.
    It's far enough away that I doubt anyone will be there.
    Do they have adequate Segway parking?
  • Do they have adequate Segway parking?
    It's a Segway, just go around the block while eating. What could ever go wrong.
  • edited March 2010
    What could Possibly go wrong.

Holy shit that bassist has his srs bsns face on, and I can't decide of the lead singer looks like a hipster or a rapist.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • So, I'm planning on going to the Japanoise bakery in Brookline on Thursday before the con for snacks and treats. Here's their website, we're going to the "Main Store" branch. If anyone wants in, lemme know. We'll probably go sometime in the early evening/late afternoon.
  • I'm dragging you guys all too.
    What if I'm being dragged the other way at the same time?
    HMMMMMM?
  • Are we gonna have a meet up? Going to a bakery is a good idea! I found out I can eat bread!
  • My multipanel line-up:

Friday 1:00 pm (Panel 309) – Introduction to Anime Intro and Ending Themes

Friday: 8:00 pm (Panel 306) – After Cowboy Bebop: The Works of Shinichiro Watanabe

Friday/Saturday 1:30 am (Panel 202) – Chains, Trains, and Happy Endings: Japan’s Underground Sex Culture (18+)

Saturday 6:00 pm (107 Panel 6) – On the Road for Anime Pilgrimages

Saturday 10:00 pm (Panel 202) – Impact of Evangelion

Saturday/Sunday 12:00 am (Panel 202) – Hentai Manga: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (18+)

Sunday 1:00 pm (Panel 202) – From Antisocial Loser to Economic Hero: The History of Otakudom

Sunday 2:00 pm (Panel 202) – Anime in Academia
  • I found out I can eat bread!
    Awesome!

(On a side note, glad you're feeling better)
  • I found out I can eat bread!
    User Viga has gained new ability. +5 Health +50 Grains
  • I'm probably going to be rolling my crew (and some SA Forum Goons, if any show up) out to go to a Japanese bakery. If anyone wants to go, we're taking the green line, so let's say meet up outside the Barns and Noble's cafe in the hallway at around 5:30 PM on Thursday?
  • AGH! I'll still be in transit. Oh well.
  • edited March 2010
    Wait...Karl, when were you in a Sailor Scout outfit? Do I not want to know?
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on