This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Longest Time Spent on a Game

2»

Comments

• Heroes of Might and Magic III. I played it A LOT when we first got it, and I played against members of my family and I've continued to pick it up every now and then ever since. I've completed the campaigns and the individual maps multiple times... I think I can safely say it has the most hours in it. ;D

After that probably Pokemon Red or maybe Silver... Also Guild Wars, I guess, but only 'cause MMORPGS rack up a lot of hours by their very nature. I'm sure much of that time is actually from waiting around and chatting for/with other people. :3
  • I would count The Realm, but I ususally played that -while- playing other games simultaneously. I'd be killing Kilrogs and chatting there whilst I managed the mighty Draconic Empire in Civ II.
  • I spent a hell of a lot of time playing custom games on battlenet on Warcraft 3. I don't know hour-wise, but it was spread across three years. I played-out all the good custom games late last year.

Then, comes Ocarina of Time. I'm not entirely sure, but i'd say I played a good 100 or so hours just messing around with chickens and the Longshot (not necessarily at once >_<).

After that, it's probably Oblivion at sixty or so hours total.
  • Sad to admit it, but it would be World of Warcraft. I played that game as if it was a job. I don't even want to mention my total play time. However, I kicked the habit and play seldomly.

Other games would probably be some sort of Mario game and probably Kingdom Hearts.
  • I would have ot say the original L.O.R.D. I used to play it twice a day on a BBS herer I town that would renew twice a day instead of once, like all the others did. And on top of that, the guy running it had changed the setting for how many fighting opportuninties you had a day to 4 times the default ammount. So I usually spent about 2 hours a day, every day of weekd, for 4 years playing that game.

As it turns out, Abicus, the bbs I played on, was run by one of my best friend's dad, and was sort of named after her(her name is Abbigail). I never really talked to anyone off the bbs about playing, and I didn't even know that she played on the bbs's. She also had no idea that it was me sitting on one of her dad's ten incoming lines for two hours a day. Or that I was the person that uploaded the Quake demo when it first hit the web.

Ah, the Quake demo. OOOOH! GLQuake! ftw.

My second most played game(s) are probably Forza 2(even though it hasn't been out that long, I've been playing it in most of my free time since it came out, up until Carcassonne hit XBLA), and any other reealistic racing games (especially the first Gran Turismo, which I am STILL playing on my PSP during my free time at work).
  • My /played was like 2 months when I quit WoW.
    I have probably logged more hours in in the various pogeymans than any other not MMORPG.
  • For sure, it's World of Warcraft. /played is 26 days on my 70. A total of around 36 days total across all of my characters.
  • Suikoden II on the PS1 - 60 + hours the first time and I've played the first two hours countless times.

Or Syphon Filter on the PSP - I played online with the same guys EVERY NIGHT for 3 months until at least 2AM... We still play it. I love that game.
  • X-Com, Starcraft: Broodwars(LAN), Unreal (LAN)
  • I also think Unreal and Starcraft are my top played games. Those are two games I still play regularly to-this-day in LANs. I think Starcraft eeks out Unreal unless you count the sequel to Unreal in which case it'd win. Close call though.

So classic. I have a LAN set up in my basement with three full time computers and room for up to ten (physical space runs out before the hardware does. This means we LAN a lot because it's just so easy. Starcraft and the original Unreal come out a lot more than you'd think.
  • That's a tough one. Back in the day I played and replayed Resident Evil 2 several times just because I loved it so much. I think as a child I put a lot of time into Final Fantasy. In terms of Multiplayer I would say F.E.A.R. Oh, and lets not forget Tetris.
  • The game that has the most collective playing time for myself is Call of Duty and it's expansion: United offensive. I've been playing them since they came out 3+ years ago. I used to probably average 10-20 hours a week, but since my son was about 9 months, I probably get 1 - 3 hours a week in of Call of Duty. Anyone else still play COD? If so, what server do you generally play on? I'm usually in Tuchola forest 24/7 server.