This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

CTRL+V

Comments

• You had an HTML link in your source code? You're cheating if you didn't.
  • You had an HTML link in your source code? You're cheating if you didn't.
    Yes, it's definitely cheating to make it easier to navigate. -_q
  • http://blogsearch.google.com/ping/RPC2

Adding something to the "pingback" on my new blog. Which is in the same place as my last three blogs, but this time I won't delete it out of frustration!
  • A Case of Wrongful Conviction
  • Modest Mouse
  • I am all for adults practicing their religion; however, their rights end when it effects other people. They cannot force their religion on others. Moreover, they must practice their religion within the law. If a parent chooses not to take their child to the emergency room and their child dies, then they made their choice and must face the consequences for that choice. They will also have to "meet their maker" and answer for the fact that they did not use the tools available to save their child's life.
    What if a religion condoned raping children or driving drunk?
    "The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins."
    -- Oliver Wendell Holmes
  • edited November 2009
    -- Oliver Wendell Holmes
    Not that I don't agree with you, because I do. But this quote really doesn't apply here. Neglecting to take your child to the emergency room isn't a situation of the parent's fist hitting their kid in the face. We're of course assuming that the child's ailment was not caused by the parent, e.g: intentional poisoning.

This is a situation where someone stands there and watches someone else get smashed in the face, and doesn't do anything about it. Not saving someone's life in a situation where you are able to is completely different from a situation where you yourself directly cause harm to someone else via your actions, intentional or otherwise.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Hanghang Tong
  • edited November 2009
    -- Oliver Wendell Holmes
    Not that I don't agree with you, because I do. But this quote really doesn't apply here. Neglecting to take your child to the emergency room isn't a situation of the parent's fist hitting their kid in the face. We're of course assuming that the child's ailment was not caused by the parent, e.g: intentional poisoning.

This is a situation where someone stands there and watches someone else get smashed in the face, and doesn't do anything about it. Not saving someone's life in a situation where you are able to is completely different from a situation where you yourself directly cause harm to someone else via your actions, intentional or otherwise.
    It is more applicable than you are recognizing. The parents are choosing to pray rather than go to get medical attention. They are extending their religious rights (their fist) past the barrier of their child's rights (the nose). The choice of prayer is an action. You are being far too literal.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • He is not dead yet, we need to put more effort to it
  • edited November 2009

The guys on the left are Gurren-Lagann, the guys on the right are Needless. According to ADTRW, Needless is the new Gurren-Lagann. Thus, the picture.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • edited November 2009
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • http://www.tfsabridged.com/episodes/
    Saw this yesterday. If nothing else, the intro is EPIC!
  • I love that Gurren Lagaan/Needless picture.
  • edited November 2009
    http://tigsource.com/articles/2009/11/03/stonesense-dwarf-fortress-visualizer
    So much win. Now we just need a mod that overhauls the control scheme.
    Post edited by Sail on

• &nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="About.html" accesskey="a">[A]bout</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;
    <a href="Privacy.html" accessey="y"> Privacy Polic[y]</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;
    <a href="http://m.twitter.com/TGWTG" accesskey="w">T[w]itter Updates</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;
    <a href="Copyright.html" acesskey="i">Copyright [I]nfo</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;
    <a href="http://www.thatguywiththeglasses.com" accesskey="x">E[x]it to Main site</a>

Working on code
  • edited November 2009
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • http://tigsource.com/articles/2009/11/03/stonesense-dwarf-fortress-visualizer
    So much win. Now we just need a mod that overhauls the control scheme.
    That screen shot almost makes me want to give DF another go.

Almost.
  • edited November 2009
    Cools. It's starts around six, but it's ending at question mark if you know what I mean!

Here's the address: xxxx xxxxxxxxxxx ave. NW 20008.

Parking however. Mmmmm, you might be able to find a spot on one of the nearby streets. Parking might be an tiny issue. Some are coming by driving so I'll ask for help.

(Party email)
    Post edited by Viga on
  • "Come in" replied the man behind the door. Helios obliged.
    The office was small but well lit, and tastefully furnished. A filing cabinet sat behind the man behind the desk behind the door, and next to that was a small impressionist painting of what appeared to be a white cat in a snowstorm. The man was in his late twenties, handsome, slim and lightly bearded, with a large, particularly attractive eyes of a color Helios found difficult to define. The man sat back in his chair and casually addressed him.
    "Who are you and what the fuck do you want?"
  • If imputation and strong circumstances,
    Which lead directly to the door of truth,
    Will give you satisfaction, you may have't.
  • Woo-ee-oo, I look just like Buddy Holly.
    Oh-oh, and you're Mary Tyler Moore.
  • Hokaaaaay, so obviously this place was seeded with a few actual patient NPC types along with the cross-dimensional prisoners he had met so far.