This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Would you guys like to do a guest spot on my podcast?

Rym and Scott,

My friends and I do a movie podcast called Movies You Should See (http://www.simplysyndicated.com/moviesyoushouldsee.html). Once a week we sit down to discuss a movie we think you should have seen. A few weeks ago we did a spot where we let a listener send us his review of his favourite movie, which we played at the beginning of the show, then went on to review the movie ourselves.

After that we decided that it migh be interesting to see if there are any other podcasters out there who would like to do a similar thing. We have one person already lined up, but I would also like to extend an invitation to you.

If you're up for it, email me a 5 minute or so recording of you guys talking about your favourite movie and we'll do our review too. Feel free to pick whatever movie you like as long as we can get a copy so we've seen it too, and that we haven't covered it before.

Comments

• edited March 2006
    I know the perfect movie :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0262246/

We'll do this for you this weekend. We have a friend or two coming over who are also huge fans of this film and will add some good insight.

You can get a copy through Netflix or Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006675D/qid=1143228552/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-2122611-3321727?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=130
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited March 2006
    Brilliant. Welcome aboard.

Sorry I didn't mention. We're in the UK. I've done a quick search and I can't find it anywhere. Certainly is one we've never done though!
    Post edited by techsupportrich on
  • edited March 2006
    Ooh, UK tough... You're probably going to need a Region 2 PAL DVD.

Edit: Wait! I found a bittorent.

Attack the Gas Station!

Everyone who hasn't seen this movie download this torrent! I'll do it too to make it go faster.
  • We could probably burn them a DVD and mail it. (That should totally be fair use).

Worst-case, we could do "City of God" instead ^_~
  • We've been wanting to do City of God for ages and already have the DVD. I you're up for doing that one, it would be good.

That said Im on BitTorrent downloading the movie (slowly) now. Or as this is a public forum.... How dare you suggest that I use BitTorrent. I would never do such a thing.
  • We could do either movie, or both, it's up to you since its your podcast. And yeah, this is a slow slow torrent. It should speed up eventually, but it might take a day or more :( Maybe I can do something about it...
  • Tell you what, let's do City of God first, and there's always the posibility of us doing both movies a couple of weeks apart. In fact if you want to do two segments feel free.
  • Coolness. I'll bother you later about file formats and all that. ^_^
  • I've got the movie now.
  • You got attack the gas station?
  • Dude, I just watched Attack the gas station. Frickin Awesome!

"Just fix it!"
  • w00t!!!

I attack only one!
  • Excellent, I look forward to hearing it. If you can put a WAV on your server for me to download, that would be easier. I'm not sure if SountrackPro will handle a FLAC.
  • RymRym
    edited March 2006
    Attack the Gas Station

You should look into using FLAC at least for archival purposes. It's lossless, and saves a significant amount of space.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • lol. It's funny that Rym sent you a whisper and you replied publicly. Do people understand how private messages work in this forum or do I need to write a little howto?
  • Actually, I replied again in a whisper, but it unwhispered when I edited the post to fix a typo.
  • edited March 2006
  • Does the pink background mean it's a whisper? Sorry.
  • No worries. Let us know when we're on the show. I listened to your Predator episode on the way home. Good stuff.
  • We recorded the show last night. It will go out next friday. Nice on boys.
  • wicked awesome! I'll watch your feed.
  • Hey guys, it's Allison from Movies You Should See. I'm here just letting you know that the show won't be out on Friday as usual, because Rich is in hospital. He started with appendicitis on Tuesday we reckon, and he was taken in yesterday. He had an appendectomy this morning, and although it went well, he's fighting hard against infection and inflammation. It's looking like he'll be back home sometime over the weekend, when he'll be giving me a rapido lesson in editing and we'll upload as soon as possible. Watch that feed!
    \m/
  • Oy! Thanks for the heads up, but when the episode comes out isn't very important to us. Appendicitis is a painful and dangerous illness. I used to worry about it every time I had a bad stomach ache. Tell rich we hope he gets well soon. It sounds like he'll be alright since he's had the procedure already. Good luck with everything. We'll give you a shoutout on tonight's episode.
  • thanks guys, i'll pass on your best wishes and make sure i get the show downloaded for him. nice one
  • Ok I'm downloading the torrent too... I'll seed as long as I can when I'm done, but it says 7 hours left, so it'll be a while. This movie better be worth it.
  • Oh, it's worth it.

Other random recommendations (in no particular order):

City of God
    Iron Monkey
    To Be or Not to Be
    Spring, Summer, Winter, Fall... and Spring.
    Urusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful Dreamer
    Nothing Lasts Forever
    Fierce Creatures (or A Fish Called Wanda)

Movies to NEVER see:

Avalon
    Clifford
    Boxing Helena
  • Has anyone seen City of the Lost Children? Its a french film which I just rented and I liked it quite a bit : ) I give it a full recommendation.
  • Torrent please?
  • Nah sorry :( I got it from blockbuster (yeah I know, I want to get netflix soon though)