This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Health of the Nation

2»

Comments

• Jason: I agree. If she had presented her arguments more calmly and rationally, it would have gone over better.

Don't confuse "making noise" with "being crazy." You have to make the right kind of noise, and a lot of it. I have experience making the right kind of noise, being a scientist in a government agency that has been trying to fight a poorly planned relocation. This is an example of the right kind of noise.

• There are pretty much two equal possibilities for this instance of e-mail loss. In one case, the people handling those e-mails are fools. In the other case, they are trying to fool people who don't understand technology. Sadly, that's most people.
    So either they're engaging in obstruction of justice or they violated the Presidential Records Act, or perhaps both. This is becoming very interesting.
  • edited April 2007
    Okay. A few emails missing might still be in the realm of innocent possibility, but four years worth? That's not suspicious at all . . .
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • A Federal Judge has ordered the White House to come up with some answers on whether it deleted at least 5 million emails from top officials which could include information about the outing of former CIA agent Valerie Plame. Here is the Order. What do you think of the ordered actions on the last page? Do you think it will produce any results?

Seriously, if email loss is as easy as the White House claims, what is it's utility, except for the ability to be conveniently "lost" if ever requested? If you're involved in any sort of legal or business activity, there is a high liklihood that you're going to have to produce records at some point. I would think that records that could be so easily "lost" would be very counterproductive unless you're involved in some shady tomfooleries.