This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What is your preferred anti-zombie armament? Oh, and guns too.

Comments

• edited January 2008
    And - if you don't have guns, what are you gonna do if the King of England comes to bully you around?
    IEDs? And it's Queen of England.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited January 2008
    The Queen of England never bothered us. It's the King we're worried about. Don't think he's not out there . . .
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • edited January 2008
    It still stands that gun crime would be higher in england if guns were legalized.
    What the fuck? How can you insinuate this statement? What evidence have you given other than your bullshit "witty" responses? Nothing.
    Doesn't prove thing either way, you might be right but I still doubt it.
    You can doubt me all you like, I'm the one that has provided numerous amounts of evidence for my case, while you on the other hand only go by what "makes sense" to you.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited January 2008
    Do you mean a specific king or just "The King of England"? Anyway, you've got Washington.
  • All I know is that, since we've had our guns, we haven't had any trouble from the King of England. If we ever lose our guns you can bet he'll be back.

I can't imagine how badly you'd be taxed and bullied if you didn't have guns and you actually lived in England. That must suck, dude.
  • All I know is that, since we've had our guns, we haven't had any trouble from the King of England. If we ever lose our guns you can bet he'll be back.
    This is why we want our guns.
  • This is why we want our guns.
    Trivia: That etching of the Boston Massacre was drawn by Paul Revere.
  • This is why we want our guns.
    To be shot? Great. Don't you people realize that with a gun you cannot take out a tank? I'm of the opinion that the right to bear arms to overthrow the government is bullshit these days. It's outdated.
  • To be shot? Great. Don't you people realize that with a gun you cannot take out a tank? I'm of the opinion that the right to bear arms to overthrow the government is bullshit these days. It's outdated.
    The right to bear arms can make the difference between a genocide and civil war. If genocide was coming your way, which would you choose?
  • The right to bear arms can make the difference between a genocide and civil war. If genocide was coming your way, which would you choose?
    The one which gets me the hell out of there.
  • The one which gets me the hell out of there.
    Escaping a civil war is typically at least a little bit easier than escaping genocide.
  • edited January 2008
    Why do you need guns any more then? You have one of the worlds best equipped armies.
    Also, Genocide in America? How, Who and Why?
  • Why do you need guns any more then? You have one of the worlds best equipped armies.
    That's exactly why we need more guns. What if that army points their guns at us?
  • edited January 2008
    Why do you need guns any more then? You have one of the worlds best equipped armies.
    That's exactly why we need more guns. What if that army points their guns at us?
    Then you just failed at democracy, but I see your point.
  • edited January 2008
    Then you just failed at democracy, but I see your point.
    It has happened recently!
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Then you just failed at democracy, but I see your point.
    Democracy only fails when the government no longer fears it's citizens.
    The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they (the government) try to take it.
  • edited January 2008
    The 70s ain't recent and I'm talking large scale and would guns have really helped students against soldiers.
    That is a good point, if America dissolves into civil war then militia armies would play a strong role but, still, gun legalization leads to higher gun crime.
    Afterthought: Could Scrym do an episode on the American constitution?
    When the government is shooting it's citizens then they probably don't care who gets voted for. So are you agreeing with me or not?
  • gun legalization leads to higher gun crime.
    You still have no evidence of this, and there is plenty of evidence against it. There are plenty of countries with a lot more guns than the US, but a lot less gun crime.
  • Well I suppose you might be right, no evidence for or against. I do agree with you on that America without guns would probably have higher gun crime but I still suspect that the UK's tough laws and enforcement on gun crime keeps it's gun crime low and would not react well to gun legalization.
  • edited January 2008
    gun legalization leads to higher gun crime.
    You still have no evidence of this, and there is plenty of evidence against it. There are plenty of countries with a lot more guns than the US, but a lot less gun crime.
    Look at Switzerland. Almost every single household is armed with either an assault rifle or hand gun, provided by the government, and their "gun crime rate is so low that statistics are not even kept."
    When the government is shooting it's citizens then they probably don't care who gets voted for. So are you agreeing with me or not?
    No, you are ignorant and indignant. Please, show me any evidence you are right. Oh wait, you haven't.
    but I still suspect that the UK's tough laws and enforcement on gun crime keeps it's gun crime low and would not react well to gun legalization.
    But it's not low! It's been rising severely for the past decade!
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited January 2008
    No, you are ignorant and indignant.
    As it happens, I'm not. You are. Sheesh, you try and have a discussion and learn something but someone wants to have an internet argument. I appreciate that gun crime can go up but would it go down if guns in England were legalized? Strongly doubtful.
    The Switzerland thing, Awesome, that would be cool. If we could pull that off I would be all behind it.
    You have no evidence and I have no evidence, it's what you call a speculative discussion.
  • Well I suppose you might be right, no evidence for or against. I do agree with you on that America without guns would probably have higher gun crime but I still suspect that the UK's tough laws and enforcement on gun crime keeps it's gun crime low and would not react well to gun legalization.
    Gun crime in the UK rose 40 percent in the two years after guns were banned and tripled again the year after that. If those links aren't recent enough for you, here's an article published today about capital gun crime rising another 50 percent in Britain. Here's another one published on Christmas.

There. I think I've hit enough media outlets that you can't just ascribe it to journalistic prejudice -- I've noticed that the Albions tend to do that.
  • edited January 2008
    You have no evidence and I have no evidence, it's what you call a speculative discussion.Wrong. I have plenty of evidence, you have none. That's what I call fact.
    You are. Sheesh, you try and have a discussion and learn something but someone wants to have an internet argument. I appreciate that gun crime can go up but would it go down if guns in England were legalized? Strongly doubtful.
    This is why I get upset. It started with you stating your premise that more guns means more crime. Right here:
    So you think gun crime should be encouraged?
    I then proceeded to show you that numerous accounts and studies show that this is not the case. You then tell me that your gut feelings tell you better and that it doesn't make any sense without providing any evidence to the contrary. Furthermore, you then have the audacity to say that I have no evidence. I would gladly change my mind if I were shown that you were indeed right, but this is not the case. I'm upset because even though the evidence speaks otherwise, you are still glued to your old ideals. This attitude towards intellectualism makes me sick.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • I still don't see how the fuck you people want to fight your army when the government goes from bad to worse. The army is trained to kill people and have machine guns. Let's not yet bother about tanks, grenades, mines, bombs, missiles and the other big stuff. Do you people really think you can grab your gun, go out, meet up with the few other idiots in your town and win? When the right was made, yes, back then it was still possible. The military had the same weapons as you could get under that law. But that's no longer the case! And what the fuck do you need a gun for then? Self-defense? A bat, negotiation and/or martial arts skill works just as well. And of course 911.
  • edited January 2008
    Well I suppose you are right then. Gun legalization leads to lower gun crime. Good luck with the zombie apocalypse.

There. I think I've hit enough media outlets that you can't just ascribe it to journalistic prejudice -- I've noticed that the Albions tend to do that.
    This is mostly because most news papers in england are pretty heavily owned by people with strong political views. Though I can only speak for the British.

If any of the forum people are from Switzerland, you are awesome.
  • I still don't see how the fuck you people want to fight your army when the government goes from bad to worse. The army is trained to kill people and have machine guns. Let's not yet bother about tanks, grenades, mines, bombs, missiles and the other big stuff. Do you people really think you can grab your gun, go out, meet up with the few other idiots in your town and win? When the right was made, yes, back then it was still possible. The military had the same weapons as you could get under that law. But that's no longer the case! And what the fuck do you need a gun for then? Self-defense? A bat, negotiation and/or martial arts skill works just as well. And of course 911.
    What if something like Hurricane Katrina happens? If it happens in a place with strict gun control, the crazy criminal people will be the only ones with guns. That makes for a dangerous anarchy. If it happens in a place with more lax gun control, the upright citizens will be able to take control.
  • So, guns, Legalization decreases crime, useless against army, good in a crisis, such as a flood or zombie outbreak.
  • Mr. Less, I understand your thinking that the Army can't be stopped with our personal weapons. However, we must remember that it has been shown time and again from the Spanish Civil War to Afghanistan and Vietnam that a poorly armed but well motivated guerilla force can cause many problems for even a well equipped army.
  • What if something like Hurricane Katrina happens? If it happens in a place with strict gun control, the crazy criminal people will be the only ones with guns. That makes for a dangerous anarchy. If it happens in a place with more lax gun control, the upright citizens will be able to take control.
    True, they might be useful in a crisis like that, but you can just store the guns in the shelters. And pass them out to the people who are allowed to use the guns, keep that on file in the shelter. My main annoyance is that people are claiming they need guns, but they don't.