This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Episode 80 - South Park and Futurama

edited March 2006 in GeekNights
Here's the tip for beating "Don't Shoot The Puppy"...... LET GO OF YOUR MOUSE! Just pick up your hand.... and place it elsewhere.

Southpark debacle: I downloaded the original episode about scientologists a few days ago. It's really not bad. I haven't seen the updated version mentioned in the episode but it actually sounds funnier, because you KNOW they're talking about scientology. It's less blunt, more satire. Matt and Trey's quote on the matter:
"So, Scientology, you may have won THIS battle, but the million-year war for earth has just begun! Temporarily anozinizing our episode will NOT stop us from keeping Thetans forever trapped in your pitiful man-bodies.
Signed: "Trey Parker and Matt Stone, servants of the dark lord Xenu."

Cartman's mom? At the end of the 2nd episode they reveal that cartman's mom is a hermaphrodite and she imprednated herself.

Matt "Grain-ing"!! Damn you Rhym.

My favorite futrama eps:
Anthology of Interest 2 (Bender as human, real life video games, wizard of oz)
Godfellas (Mentioned in episode, Bender meets God)
Parasites Lost (Fry gets parasites in his body that help him become smart/strong/awesome)
How Hermes Requisitioned His Groove Back (Simple episode where hermes trys to get his rank back)
Hell Is Other Robots (Classic episode with a memerable song about robot hell)
Fear of a Bot Planet (This is a great episode full of geekery for all to appreciate)
Jurassic Bark (Mentioned on the show, the dog, the sadness)
The Farnsworth Parabox (Mentioned on the show as well, crazy universes)
The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings (A heartwarming episode where Fry trades hands with the devil in order to play an incredibly intricate instrument in an attempt to woo leela.)
Shit, I like lots of Futurama eps.

Comments

• The scientology episode of South Park aired here in Australia quite a while ago, with narry a blip on the societal radar. It was shown on SBS, an awesome free to air channel, the equivalent of PBS. It even plays many of PBS' shows, like Jim Lehrer and Frontline. It also happens to have a Cult Animation Thursday, which is currently showing Samurai Champloo (awesome).

As for South Park itself, it became huge among my friends around our final year of high school ('98) thanks to the internet, but I didn't really take to it until a couple of years ago. Now I'm a big fan. My favourite, apart from the ones mentioned, was the episode where a kid goes missing (Butters?) and OJ and the Ramseys and Gary Condit offer to find the 'real kidnappers'. The ending was hilarious and sickening at the same time.

Ah, Futurama. Jurassic Bark is the only thing on Earth that can consistently make me cry. Luck of the Fryrish, to a lesser extent. The Tales of Interest episodes are great. No episode stands out too far ahead of the rest, but That's Lobstertainment stank to high heaven. Pe-yew! Though I did appreciate the Harold Lloyd references.
  • Frontline rules.
  • with my last reply, i curse...ZOIDBERG. for that horrible That's Lobstertainment episode.
  • Jurassic Bark is the most unexpected depressing episode of a TV show ever.

My favorite South Park episode is "Critter Christmas" because once the blood orgy started, the funny didn't stop.
  • I am the god of reviving dead threads!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jurassic Bark is the most unexpected depressing episode of a TV show ever.

My favorite South Park episode is "Critter Christmas" because once the blood orgy started, the funny didn't stop.
    That was one of my favorite Futurama episodes. It was fun until the last minute, when everything went to hell emotionally. Whenever I think about I still feel terrible.
    My favorite South Park is Scott Tenorman must die. It was also one of those last minute twists, but in the other direction... sort of. ;)