This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Grindhouse

edited April 2007 in Movies
Everyone must go watch Grindhouse. Don't wait till this comes out on DVD, you really want to watch these films with a large audience. The zombie flick, Planet Terror will eat your brain. But in a good eating brain sort of way. Death Proof takes a bit to get it's motor running. The lengthy girl talk scenes are going make many impatient and restless. The womens are easy on the eyes though. What you might do is after watching Planet Terror. Go take a piss, restock on popcorn and soda. And by the time you get back, Death Proof should be getting good. All you will miss is some sassy girl talk and Kurt Russel eating nachos. You will never get this much bang for your movie dollars. Two flicks in one. You can't lose.

Comments

• All I've seen about it is a poster that contains a woman using an M-16 - or a close copy - as an Artificial leg.
  • I saw the poster for this as well. I bet I'll wait for the DVD hahaha!
  • Kurt Russel eating nachos? Nachos!? How could I ever miss that!

Mrs. Lather and I will probably see this Saturday.
  • The 2nd half of Death Proof totally made up for the 1st half... Planet Terror was all-round fun... The trailers were the highlight IMO... LOVED "Don't"... Couldn't stop laughing, Edgar Wright's awesome and I didn't know Will Arnett did the VO.
  • First I want to say that Grindhouse was the most satisfaction I've ever gotten from a movie, and probably from $8 in my life. I would have been satisfied with just Planet Terror, that honestly alone was worth the price of admission. Death Proof, and the "coming attractions" just made the whole thing amazing.

I disagree with the 1st part of Death Proof, granted the second part is far superior, but the lengthy dialogue is both amusing (as Tarantino tends to make it,) but it is necessary in order to make you connect to the characters, and get attached to them. So that when things go wrong, its so much worse.
  • I dunno though, I didn't want to connect with any of the 1st half Death Proof characters. Butterfly's the only good person but I didn't even care for her at all. I thought they were jackasses and wasn't sorry at all to see them die... The Rosario Dawson group were all cool from the start.