This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

FUNimation picks up One Piece

edited April 2007 in Anime
If you're a One Piece fan who is pissed off over the ludicrous mess that 4Kids made out of it, well, someone has stepped in for some cleaning up!

FUNimation Entertainment has picked up the rights to the series. The series will have a new dub cast, lighter edits, and bilingual uncut DVDs. This new version of the dub will air this August on Cartoon Network.

Source

Comments

• edited April 2007
    I hope for you American guys that they do a decent job and with uncut DVDs that should be at least halfway taken care of. I saw the American dub, and it was horrible. The German dub is relatively decent, but they aren't putting out DVDs for it so I'll stick with my Kaizoku-Fansubs and until they catch-up (approximately 2 years from now) with Vegapunk.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • If they edit the fights down to one episode or less each, I'll be there. Otherwise, I don't have the time.
  • If they edit the fights down to one episode or less each, I'll be there. Otherwise, I don't have the time.
    Impossible. That's never going to happen.
  • Well most of the fights in One Piece aren't that long, usually only the last one of an arc where Luffy fights the main bad guy.
  • I will wait maybe 10 years when they release the ultimate ultra uncut edition without the hip hop-like intro and they have cuted the top and bottom and it retails for at least 15 dollars.

Sometimes I wonder why people cares so much about the japanese-cheese and smart people do not even try to animate cool stuff like Ode to Kirihito? Why? please someone respond to me.
  • Because it probably won't sell well to the lowest common denominator and the opportunities for additional revenue from toys and such is limited.