This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Ad-Block

edited April 2007 in Technology
For some reason this weekend, Ad-Block plus just failed me. All of the sudden, sites in which I saw no ads, were suddenly filled with them. What could have caused this? Even when I manually block the ads, they still show up when I return to the site later.

Comments

• Try updating your ad-block, and "filter set g" if you have it.
  • You don't need the filterset G anymore. If you install the adblock plus extension and restart firefox, it will ask you to subscribe to a filterset. It sounds to me like your problem is some Firefox profile corruption. Try making a new Firefox profile to see if it works. If it does, save your bookmarks and import them into a new profile after erasing your old one. If it doesn't work, try disabling all your extensions and enabling them one at a time. Also, try uninstalling and reinstalling the adblock extension.
  • Extensions often need to be re-enabled if FireFox updates, especially with older versions of Firefox. Make sure Ad-Block is actually enabled.
  • I had problems with Adblock at about the same time you did.

I uninstalled it and installed Adblock Plus. Now I have no more problems.