This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

LCD, CRT, or what?

2»

Comments

• はい
  • I was just wondering if speaking in Japanese is punishable by spelling mistakes, that's all.
  • 日本語で打っても、まだよくまちがいするとおもう。 お前ら、気をつかってないからまちがいってんでしょ?
  • Blah... Watashi nicchuukan anou no fukaku superingu? That's what I mean. I'm not very good at Japanese at all, but never mind it all now...
  • Motherfuckin' grammar Nazi on a motherfuckin' forum, and there ain't a goddamn thing you can do about it.

Also: ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • lkmfbnljergbnloaerbh'noibaernljbaer/l maeboneaf
  • I see what happened. Apparently I don't have language packs at home where I use Firefox and yet I.E. at my school does. Sorry guys, I though you were putting up ??????? because I assumed I had the language pack. Guess now. Now I feel like a n00b.
  • Man, this sucks. I can't find any free Japanese kanji language packs that don't require a credit card. Anyone happen to know where I can get it for free?
    (don't bother spending too much time searching on my acount)
  • edited April 2006
    If you use Windows XP, you should be able to get the Japanese language packs for free. The same thing applies to Firefox.
    As for typing in Japanese, Windows has a built-in, free component. Activate your IME (Input Method Editor) and add Japanese to it.
    Post edited by Katsu on
  • That didn't work for me man. My PC doesn't even have the Input Method Editor. Trogdor even subjested going to yahoo.jp in I.E. to get the language pack installer from there, but it couldn't find all my system files. This leads me to only one choise. Confess.

My PC is a VPR Matrix, the Best Buy brand. Now I wasn't the one with the money, so my parents bought it and it came with two restore CDs so it'll let me reformate my PC. However, these CDs don't technically have XP on them, they have the Microsoft Windows XP "VPR Matrix" edition or whatever and they don't even have the files that I.E. wanted in the installation.

I do have SP2. That hasn't done me any good for language packs either. I currently have all the updates as of a week ago, so it can't be that I haven't updated. So now I'm really stuck here with a Best Buy brand PC that went out of production shortly after they started and a Best Buy version of Windows XP that was issued sometime in the begining of 2002. It even came with Best Buy spyware upon installation. It is because of this and the fact that the Best Buy repair people dropped our hardware and offered us no refund that turned me against them for life. Can anyone help me?
  • edited April 2006
    You may be able to find the files manually on the Internet. Another option is to ask a friend who has a Windows XP Install CD to borrow and use it.
    Finally, you could download and burn an iso of the XP Install CD.
    Post edited by Katsu on
  • Piracy w00t! IM me for a torrent.
  • Okay, so I finally got a language pack and can see kanji like Rym's "Yes" reply. I'm not sure if I can see all kanji yet, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me if TheWhaleShark used kanji earlier because I just see a bunch of question marks in his comment. As for the other posts, I can now see the kanji there.
  • I can't see TheWhaleShark's text either, looks like a bunch of ?????'s. I can see everything on Yahoo China and Yahoo Korea, as well as Yahoo Japan. Use those as a test.

Note: I used Yahoo instead of Google for these because Yahoo has more text. For all other purposes I use Google.
  • edited April 2006
    I use an LCD for my gaming PC, but the others have CRTs. My favorite monitor would have to be the 24 inch CRT I use on my Debian box.
    Post edited by Ilmarinen on