This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My wife is getting a Mac

edited April 2007 in Technology
After much debate (and the fact that no big computer seller will sell you an XP machine anymore) my wife has decided to go Mac.

Yes, I tried to send her the Linux way but she would have none of it!

In a way, I think Windows Vista may be the best thing in the world for Apple!

Comments

• (and the fact that no big computer seller will sell you an XP machine anymore)
    Dell will.
  • (and the fact that no big computer seller will sell you an XP machine anymore)
    Dell will.
    That is news!

Just last week I was trying to help a friend purchase an XP laptop for her husband from Dell and they specifically told her it was Vista only.
  • Sadly, XP is only being offered on their business computers. The computers designed for home users all have Vista.
  • Sadly, XP is only being offered on their business computers. The computers designed for home users all have Vista.
    The office machines are better. The laptop I just bought is technically for business users. The Lenovo Thinkpads are technically the business machines. Their home user machines suck. The Dell I have at work is an Optiplex, which they categorize as a business machine. In reality, it's just a really good machine that doesn't have a 3D video card. It does, however, have a slot to put one in!

If you're going to buy a pre-built PC, you're probably going to want something categorized as a business machine, not a consumer machine.