This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What anime are you watching? v2.0

Comments

• GeoGeo
    edited March 2010
    All I can say at present is that Rei is my favorite character because of how soft-spoken she is and that I want a model/garage kit/statue of Ramiel. That would be so nifty to own.
    I don't think you're at the point where they reveal something big about Rei.

I really don't care for her. I see her soft-spokeness as just empty. My personal fav was always Pen-Pen. =3 And Kaji. He's a pimp.

When you speak of Rei so seriously, I can't help but giggle as the AMV of "I think I'm a Clone Now" plays in my head.^_~
    Oh yeah! Kaji is the man! I laughed pretty hard when the power went back on and Misato and Kaji were found in a rather awkward position. I'm rather worried now about this "reveal" you speak of...
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I just finished watching "Great Teacher Onizuka" and I'm starting on "Master Keaton".
  • I just finished watching "Great Teacher Onizuka" and I'm starting on "Master Keaton".
    Might wanna talk to Adam about GTO.
  • My personal fav was always Pen-Pen. =3 And Kaji
    All normal people agree. It's mostly because there are the only characters that aren't pathetic, evil, despicable, or stupid in one way or another.
  • My personal fav was always Pen-Pen. =3 And Kaji
    All normal people agree. It's mostly because there are the only characters that aren't pathetic, evil, despicable, or stupid in one way or another.
    Pretty much. My friend has a life size statue of Pen-Pen. One day, it will be missing from his apartment and find a new home in mine. One day.
  • I just never cared for EVA, but most people on this forum don't acknowledge that as a valid opinion.
  • When you speak of Rei so seriously, I can't help but giggle as the AMV of "I think I'm a Clone Now" plays in my head. ^_~
    As do I ^.^
    I just never cared for EVA, but most people on this forum don't acknowledge that as a valid opinion.
    I think it's a perfectly valid opinion to not care for Eva. I would think that for many people, they don't connect to any of the characters, since as Scott said, they are all unlikeable in various ways. However, I would say that if you don't at least appreciate it for its novelty and what it did for its time, then you just don't get it. That's like saying The Matrix had no impact on movies.
  • All I can say at present is that Rei is my favorite character because of how soft-spoken she is
    That's not 'soft-spoken', I feel sorry that you think that way.
  • All I can say at present is that Rei is my favorite character because of how soft-spoken she is
    That's not 'soft-spoken', I feel sorry that you think that way.
    For once, I agree with OMG. Knowing what winds up happening with her...I mean, I can be pretty soft spoken. Rei is a different case entirely. I won't spoil it anymore for you, however.
  • Haven't we already established in this thread that nearly every character is fucked up in the head in some way?
  • I have wanted to watch beck again but I can't. It is super addicting and I can't stop. when I finally got around to watching the first DVD I was hooked and went out and got the whole boxed set the next day. I watch the whole thing in 2 days. I stayed up till 6:00 am the first night cause I couldn't fall asleep. and that was almost 2 years ago.
  • Been hearing some glowing recommendations for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, so I'm going to give it a shot. It is supposedly a vast improvement over the first series.
  • Been hearing some glowing recommendations for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, so I'm going to give it a shot. It is supposedly a vast improvement over the first series.
    Oh it is indeed~!
    Oh it is indeed~!
    I watched the first few episodes and thought it was okay...Maybe I'll have to dig into the dub a bit more.
    I'm still skeptical, since I've also heard the new series follows the manga more closely, and I thought the manga was trash compared to the first show. Not going to stop me from watching it, I'm just not that excited.
  • I finished watching "Lupin 3rd Episode 0: First Contact" It was awesome, if you haven't watch it yet then Discotek giving free shipping in all its dvds :D
    edited April 2010
    I finished watching "Lupin 3rd Episode 0: First Contact" It was awesome, if you haven't watch it yet then Discotek giving free shipping in all its dvds :D
    Dammit.

Watching again.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Someone finally subtitled the first ep of Shining Heresy, an Armored Trooper Votoms OVA. If the group finishes the other four episodes, my Votoms-watching shall be complete... at least until Phantom Arc is out. :)
  • Finished Kimi ni Todoke. It left me with a meh feeling although the series as a whole was okay.
  • Checked out the first episode of the new K-ON. Now with double exclamation mark.

Yeah.

It's more of the same s-hitstorm.
  • Watch all 3 Patlabor movies over the last 2 weeks. Awesome. I need to find the original OVA. and I'm still looking for the original Outlaw Star box-set.
  • Zetsuboushita! The overuse of Hiroshi Kamiya has left me in despair!

Seriously, In the last two days I've checked out the first episode three different new anime and in every single one his voice could be heard within the first minute of the show...
    Now don't get me wrong, he is a good voice actor but he also has a very distinguishable voice and just throwing him into every other thing coming out is kinda annoying and makes him overrepresented. Plus, every time I hear him I'm expecting to go into a rant of despair within the next minute :)

It feels to me like hearing Norio Wakamoto in every single anime.
    edited April 2010
    The only difference is that hearing Norio Wakamoto in every anime is AWESOME.

EDIT: Also, which anime did you check out that it was all the same?
    Post edited by ... on
  • The only difference is that hearing Norio Wakamoto in every anime is AWESOME.
    Truer words may have never been typed.
  • The only difference is that hearing Norio Wakamoto in every anime is AWESOME.
    Depends. Norio is kind of so awesome that you simply can't use him in every anime out of respect of how awesome he is.
    EDIT: Also, which anime did you check out that it was all the same?
    I didn't say the anime was all the same, I said that in every anime I checked out had his voice within the first minute. Anyways, Arakawa Under the Bridge (rather intriguing), Angel Beats (mildly intriguing, if only to see people squashed by giant mallets out of nowhere) and Working (meh).
  • I recently watched two movies, Arashi no Yoru ni and Chirin no Suzu. They're both about a cute sheep/goat and a wolf, but that's the only real similarities. The former was cute (though the goat and wolf's friendship had a lot of homosexual subtext), the latter was actually rather depressing.
  • I recently watched two movies,Arashi no Yoru niandChirin no Suzu. They're both about a cute sheep/goat and a wolf, but that's the only real similarities. The former was cute (though the goat and wolf's friendship had a lot of homosexual subtext), the latter was actually rather depressing.
    I don't know if I really classify the latter as depressing, but it certainly a sad story.
  • If you're a MAN, you'll board the Arcadia and fight with Captain Harlock under the flag of freedom.
  • If you're a MAN, you'll board the Arcadia and fight with Captain Harlock under the flag of freedom.
    What if you like Captain Okita a little bit more?
  • Angel Beats (mildly intriguing, if only to see people squashed by giant mallets out of nowhere)
    I'm actually really enjoying Angel Beats, except I can definitely see the KeyAni influence. A lot of their signature touches are there, like the main character not having any memories. Yuri is really interesting though, I'd like to see where they go with the concepts they've presented so far.