This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What anime are you watching? v2.0

Comments

• Rewatching Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad.

This show is so addicting.

I got the first DVD at a swap meet. It is great so far!

I hear it's great, but there's one thing people mention that I'm wondering if it's true or not. Is there a lot of Kurt Colbain Worship?
  • It's really only mentioned once or twice. There is this weird dream sequence thing near the end, but I don't think there is enough mention of Kurt to consider it worship.
  • They don't mention Colbain any more than they mention Hendrix, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, etc etc. Keep in mind that the main character is getting into music for the first time, as well as learning guitar, so certain names pop up obligatorily.

I like the opening animation.
  • It's really only mentioned once or twice. There is this weird dream sequence thing near the end, but I don't think there is enough mention of Kurt to consider it worship.
    The only thing in the show that they are addicted to is horrible use of the English language :D
  • Going to finish watching Firefly with Helen-nee and then try her on Cowboy Bebop.
  • The only thing in the show that they are addicted to is horrible use of the English language :D
    Haha. The gangsters' English is pretty good, though.

I loved that show so much and apparently the manga goes into their tour of America and what happens after they reunite . (Oh wait, I just ruined it for you)
  • I am watching Samurai 7. I found it at Best Buy for only $40 for the blu-ray boxed set.

I wasn't sure about the the re-theme when I first picked it up but it seems to work and they pay a lot of homage to the original movie.
  • Just started showing Toradora to my girlfriend. This is the third time I'm watching it: it's so much like Honey & Clover! XD
  • edited March 2010
    (Oh wait, I just ruined it for you)
    Ehh, not really. First of all, I've read the manga all the way up to the point where they stopped scanlating it. Secondly, the last episode talks about both those things, albeit briefly.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited March 2010
    So along time ago I decided to stop watching Shin Mazinger Shuogeki Z -Hen. Not due to the lack of interest but because the group translating it was taking so long and I wanted to get the whole series. When I got the whole series I started to watch it again. But I stopped again, not due to a boring plot but because I didn't wanted it to end. I stopped at episode 6, and the story was getting better and better. Recently I decided to man up and starting watching it again and it is a fantastic epic of betrayal, revenge, and redemption (maybe).
    I have not watch the end just yet. But, if you like Imagawa, Giant Robo, and Go Tetsujin 28 you will definitely enjoy the New Mazinger. Also, just like Giant Robo the story gets better and better after each episode and episode 1 is an awesome episode. One that will keep you guessing all the way to the end.
    Enjoy!
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • I'm ten episodes in with Captain Tylor, and just started RahXephon. I have to say, so far I'm really liking Tylor.
  • I'm ten episodes in with Captain Tylor, and just started RahXephon. I have to say, so far I'm really liking Tylor.
    Tylor is awesome! I have seen the first four episodes about four times, and laughed even harder every time. In exchange, I would like you to let me know how RahXephon is.
    Tylor is awesome! I have seen the first four episodes about four times, and laughed even harder every time. In exchange, I would like you to let me know how RahXephon is.
    I have watched most of RahXephon, and I thought it was okay. Definitely not great, but okay. The plot is really incomprehensible, though. Things make no sense until the very end, and even then they're kind of ridiculous. It's more of a magic show than the real robot show it tries to be.
  • Ok, I finish watching Shin Mazinger Shuogeki Z -Hen. The ending was fantastic, and Imagawa is tease!
  • Just started watching Master Keaton, this show is pretty great.
  • Legend of the Galactic Heroes?

I've caught up again (with the podcast) and it seems Rym is watching it and, 1/3 of the way through the 110 episodes. It feels a hell of a lot like Sanctuary, and its fucking awesome.

I'm also re-watching Escaflowne with a friend who is seeing it for the first time.
  • You have to be at a certain stage in your life to watch LOGH. It's the same with FotNS. Watch it at the wrong time, and you might take it too seriously. Another wrong time, and you might not take it seriously enough.
  • FotNS
    might not take it seriously enough
    Fist of the North Star is always serious business and should be regarded as such.
  • I'm on the last disk of The Twelve Kingdoms.

Getting ready to start watching Moribito now that Netflix has all of the disks.

I'm also re-watching Ghost in the Shell SAC on Netflix stream. I'm really enjoying this again.
  • As soon as Netflix sends me the disks, I'm going to start watching the original Macross. I've seen DYRL and Macross 7 and loved them both, so I'm pretty pumped.
  • As soon as Netflix sends me the disks, I'm going to start watching the original Macross. I've seen DYRL and Macross 7 and loved them both, so I'm pretty pumped.
    ADV discs or AnimeEIGO discs?
    I'm pretty sure that it's the ADV ones. Is there a difference?
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2010
    I'm laying off the WMT, and am watching Neon Genesis Evangelion. I haven't gotten to the point where things drastically change that I've heard people have spoken of.
    Post edited by Geo on
    I didn't even know AnimEIGO had discs. I own the ADV ones.
    I'm laying off the WMT, and am watching Neon Genesis Evangelion. I haven't gotten to the point where things drastically change that I've heard people have spoken of.
    You never watched it before? Heh. Talk to me after the last episode.
    I didn't even know AnimEIGO had discs. I own the ADV ones.
    You never watched it before? Heh. Talk to me after the last episode.
    All I can say at present is that Rei is my favorite character because of how soft-spoken she is and that I want a model/garage kit/statue of Ramiel. That would be so nifty to own.
  • All I can say at present is that Rei is my favorite character because of how soft-spoken she is and that I want a model/garage kit/statue of Ramiel. That would be so nifty to own.
    I don't think you're at the point where they reveal something big about Rei.

I really don't care for her. I see her soft-spokeness as just empty. My personal fav was always Pen-Pen. =3 And Kaji. He's a pimp.

When you speak of Rei so seriously, I can't help but giggle as the AMV of "I think I'm a Clone Now" plays in my head. ^_~