This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Command & Conquer 3

edited April 2007 in Everything Else
This game is excellent. Get, if your system can take it.

All the units are great and interesting, although I do miss the walkers and my Subterranean APC filled with Engineers/Devil's Tongue rush from Tiberian Sun.

The new graphics look great, they finally got rid of the arbitrary 5 unit production queue limit form TS (which was allot better than one unit at a time from Tiberian Dawn). I haven't played the new faction yet, but they look cool.

On the GDI side, they just bowl over NOD by sheer power. The tanks murder the enemy armor, and you can load all the infantry into the APCs so they are guarder but can still fire. The ORCAs are still kinda sucky, though.

On NOD, you really have to micromanage. NOD dies if you don't get your buggys into the middle of the enemy and hit the emp. The fanatics I don't really like (suicide bombers aren't my thing). The Flamer units look great and they can really dish out the hurt. NOD's air units are much better than GDI's, mostly cause they don't have to reload.

And you have the cinema's! Michael Ironside, Lando Calrissian, and Six and Sharon from Battlestar. Plus Kane not dead! Win!

Maybe we should start a geeknights team once Rym gets his new computer?

Comments

• Back in the day I very much enjoyed C&C and C&C: Red Alert. That being said, my love for RTSes has greatly diminished. If any RTS gets played, it will probably be Defcon or Supreme Commmander. Even then, those games will probably be overshadowed when the next wave comes from Valve.
  • This game is fantastic and runs smooth as glass on my system. They completely capture the feeling of the original series and it's a lot of fun to play.