This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 070425 - Four New Anime

edited April 2007 in GeekNights
Tonight on GeekNights, Rym and Scott preview four new anime: El Cazador de la Bruja, To Terra, Bokurano , and Gag Manga Biyori 2. In the news, the Naruto movie is seeing a decent theatrical release in the US.

Scott’s Thing - Anime Plot Generator
Rym’s Thing - He-Man PSA

Comments

• edited April 2007
    Sonic sez ""Sexual harassment is no good!"

I read Interstellar Pig in 7th Grade for school. Since Rym was hesitant to summarize the plot, I will. It is basically about aliens who have to search the universe in search of a small paper card with a crudely drawn pig on it. These aliens end up at the main character's house, who ends up finding this card and is pulled into the game.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • With regards to El Cazador de la Bruja, I actually liked Noir all the way through and I don't plan on continueing to watch Cazador unless I get really bored for some reason. The music is good, but I don't think its quite on par with the stellar job Yuki Kajiura just finished doing on Tsubasa Chronicles. Oh, and Yoko Kanno also makes music for bad shows sometimes - have you ever heard of Aqaurion or Earth Girl Arjuna? In cases like that I just buy the CD and ignore the anime.
  • 2 Questions:

1. How many episodes were there in the first season of Gag Manga Biyori? I watched the first couple of episodes after you reviewed it, and then my hard drive crashed and I lost it. I had since forgot about it. I just found a torrent of the first 12 episodes, and I was hopeing that was the whole show.

2. Does any body know a program to convert mkv files into avi, mov, or mp4? I can watch mkv files in vlc, but I would like to put them on my iPod so i can watch them at work, on my lunch break.
  • 1. How many episodes were there in the first season of Gag Manga Biyori? I watched the first couple of episodes after you reviewed it, and then my hard drive crashed and I lost it. I had since forgot about it. I just found a torrent of the first 12 episodes, and I was hopeing that was the whole show.
    Yes, that is the whole show.
    2. Does any body know a program to convert mkv files into avi, mov, or mp4? I can watch mkv files in vlc, but I would like to put them on my iPod so i can watch them at work, on my lunch break.
    Media Coder is your one-stop, open-source, media solution.
  • The Bokurano OP is amazing. I'm addicted to it.
  • Thank you Sail. I will try that program this weekend.
  • edited April 2007
    Oh, and I think it should be known that I disagree with Scott on the funniest episode of Gag Manga Biyori. I think the one where people repeatedly fall off their verandas and the girl tries to redo her dying words is the funniest.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I watched the second episode of El Cazador de la Bruja a week or so ago, hoping that it would be better then episode one. And it wasn't. The only possible reason to watch it is to see the witch girl orgasm while watching a motorcycle burn in a huge fireball. It's really a very odd and confusing scene.
  • I watched the second episode of El Cazador de la Bruja a week or so ago, hoping that it would be better then episode one. And it wasn't. The only possible reason to watch it is to see the witch girl orgasm while watching a motorcycle burn in a huge fireball. It's really a very odd and confusing scene.
    Is it moe-like? Because if it is I will pretty much hunt the show down and kill it with my awesome Getter Rays.
  • I sorta thought that the orgasm was something that the witch boy might have been doing to her, but who knows.
  • edited April 2007
    I watched the second episode of El Cazador de la Bruja a week or so ago, hoping that it would be better then episode one. And it wasn't. The only possible reason to watch it is to see the witch girl orgasm while watching a motorcycle burn in a huge fireball. It's really a very odd and confusing scene.
    I just found my new fetish.
    Post edited by Dave on
  • I sorta thought that the orgasm was something that the witch boy might have been doing to her, but who knows.
    I assumed that he was, because she was.