This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anime characters at a clothing store?

edited April 2007 in Everything Else
Alright, so get this. My mom and sister came to the city two weeks ago. They were about a block away from my work, and we at lunch. Anyway, they did a lot of girly stuff including clothes shopping. They told me they bought some pants somewhere, and that store forgot to take the security tag off. They wanted me to take the pants back to the store to get the tag taken off. They gave me the pants back with the receipt and the bag the clothes came in.

This would have been a completely boring story if it were not for the bag that contained this pair of pants. Behold!

Wtf are Cutie Honey, Mazinger Z and Devilman doing on the bag from a clothing store? What does Go Nagai, who created all three of these characters, have to do with fashion? The store isn't an anime clothing store, the pants are just pants. I did some research on the store, and all I could find out was that yes, this is a Japanese company.

Anyway, I went to the store, named UNIQLO, to get the security tag taken off, and I looked around the whole store for anything else awesome. I didn't find anything awesome. It was a typical New York City clothing store in every respect. The prices were higher than I'm willing to pay, but not as high as some of the crazy stores you will find in the area. The clothes looked like clothes to me. I couldn't find a shirt with Mazinger on it or anything. It was so disappointing!

If anyone has some more information on this UNIQLO store and why they have Go Nagai characters on their bags, please tell. Also, if you know where to get shirts with robots on them, I'd like to know that also.

Comments

• Because Go Nagai sells, since it is just sex and violence :P
  • ...Go Nagai...
    Huh. I always thought it was spelled "Goh Nagai"...
  • edited April 2007
    There's no single accepted standard for romanizing Japanese words, so you have a lot of latitude in how you spell it. Or maybe I should say that 永井 豪 is the correct spelling, and everything else is just an approximation.

EDIT:

As alwasy, see Wikipedia.
    Post edited by Symmetry on