This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What up listeners?!

2»

Comments

• Yeah, get your asses in gear and review Avatar! If you need the media I can run it over to you as I have all of it on DVD.
  • How about reviewing some of the old Tom and Jerry cartoons? Not the new show or the crappy movies, but the old school ones.
  • Yeah, get your asses in gear and review Avatar! If you need the media I can run it over to you as I have all of it on DVD.
    I saw the DVDs downstairs yesterday. It's a matter of having time to watch, not having the DVDs. If you people want us to watch and read all these things, then get together enough money to pay our annual salaries, and we will quit our jobs.
  • As far as keeping up with US animation, they have an animator in the vicinity who is always pushing the choice stuff right under their noses. I keep suggesting shows like "How American Animation has been Influenced by Anime," and "3D vs. 2D," but as they said, no matter how much I keep clamoring for them to watch various cartoons (and live action films), they don't have time. I wanted them to do a show on Looney Tunes, because when you get them talking about some of the golden era stuff they actually have a lot to say, and Scott is a large fan of old "rubber hose" cartoons. An episode on CartoonCartoons (we watched Dexter and PPG back in the day) would be nice, and I think they would like Iron Giant (I think I made Rym watch it, much like I sat him down and badgered him into watching most of the Pixar features.) Part of the problem is that since most of the animation on television these days in the US is geared toward children (not to mention the fact that we don't have a television) there's only a handful we as a group enjoy. There's only so many theatrical features in a year, and most of these even I don't find worth watching. Most animation viewing consists of shorts, which Rym and Scott frequently make into things of the day, but it is hard to make entire episodes based on short films. If you want to hear about non-Japanese 'toons, check out the Thing of the Day. Often you'll find interesting tidbits.

-Gomi