This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Simpsons Trading Card Game

Anyone into it? Anyone have it? Anyone heard of it, even? I bought a few decks a while back, they are probobly in my closet somewhere.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=simpsons

Comments

• Heh, I haven't bought into a trading card game since the original Star Wars TCG back in the mid 90s, and before that, Star Trek, and before that, Magic. Looking up cards was one of the first things I ever did on the Web. Ah, nostalgia.
  • I don't do CCGs anymore. I did Magic like 10 years ago. I gave up when I realized it's not a game of strategy. It's a game of whoever has the most money wins. Then I played the Mechwarrior collectible miniatures game against my better judgement. Again, a game of spending money to win. I'm done with collectible games. They're great for collecting, but usually terrible games. Why can't they just go back to having collectible cards without having a terrible game attached to it?
  • I almost fell back into collectable games with HeroClix. I bought a few packs, but I gave up buying more because it was far too expensive for the amount of times I got to actually play it. Luckily I managed to reuse the (admittedly excellent) minis for a superheroes rolplaying game, so not a total loss.
  • We ran into some kids playing Magic at Gaming for Hope over the weekend. I have to say, it made me feel old to see someone playing a game they've played for 5 years that I -stopped- playing over a decade ago...