This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

how to ask a girl out

edited April 2006 in Everything Else
I know this is a bad topic but can you help. I'm in middle school and like this girl. (won't mention her name but lets call her Hottie). There is a dance this April 28, 2006 and i want to ask her out. How can I act cool to be able to impress her. HELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Comments

• edited April 2006
    Post edited by Kamiccolo on
  • Just ask her out. Ask her if she wants to go to the dance with you.

That's all there is to it. You don't have to do anything to impress her or do anything special. If you like someone, and they like you, they'll say yes if you ask them out.
  • edited April 2006
    Hah! Well said Rym, I'm killing my other post now. Guess I was reading too far into it.
    Post edited by Kamiccolo on
  • edited April 2006
    Tomorrow in school you walk up to her in the hallway and say the following:

"Hi, would you like to go to the dance with me?"

If she says no just say, "Alright, see ya." If she says yes then you say, "What time should I pick you up and where?"

The only other thing you need to do is be confident, or at least seem confident. If you're a nervous stuttering wreck that's not good.

EDIT: One more thing. After you say "hi" make sure she looks at you and you have her attention before you ask her.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • As a girl, I confirm that these two guys are right.

I wouldn't do creative things unless I knew the person well.

Here's an example of an awesome way to ask someone to the dance:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2AzhQhRwA

(when I say awesome, I mean for me awesome)
  • Yeah, what Rym and Scott said.

Also, if you get a "no," don't freak out/run away/get pissed or otherwise be a dick. If you get no, just roll with it.
  • This is middle school, girls aren't that open minded to be asked out without having some sort of pre-acknowledgement of "liking". If you think the girl is out of your league, or that you've never even talked to her before, then you better start talkin to her. If she seems into you when you talk, as in shes pretty friendly and starts conversations with you then you're golden. If she doesn't seem into you and is more annoyed then anything then secretely slip away into the night rather than bother her.