This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Simpsons The Movie

edited April 2006 in Movies
Who's got info? Rumors? Facts? Images? Interviews? ANYTHING?!

I heard about it hours before they showed the preview on FOX from watching the season 7 dvd so I'm sure there's some more info there.

Would you pay $7.50 to see it at a theatre?

Comments

• hell yeah because this is a once in a life time
  • They are showing previews for it in theaters now in it's not projected to come out till 2007 some time. What I read it's still in Production.

But no I wouldn't go see it because i'm cheap and would rather wait to buy it or rent it.
  • I have almost no hopes for the movie. The recent seasons of the Simpsons have been horrible, not funny horrble just horrible.

I'll go see it because I remeber what the show used to be and on the offchance it will be good.
  • I haven't seen the Simpsons since they did Hamlet some time ago.

"Nobody outcrazies Ophelia! Wooleewooleewoole!"
  • I actually started liking the new simpsons when they had the episode about homer going to heaven after seeing the movie "left behind" or some shit. I thought it was great. But the last episode I saw on Sunday wasn't very good.
  • Fanboy moment coming up, but I truly believe that The Simpsons is one of the best things on television. The trouble with doing a movie is that it could be great, or it could be really bad. The TV show will end in a couple of seasons, so it's safe to say that this movie will stick in our minds the longest. Anything bad will ruin everything.
  • I always feel a tad sad at the end of a series, the characters that I've come to know and love will no longer be in any whacky adventures, or pretty much anything. It's as if an acquaintance of mine has died. Sometimes a series being ruined can be good, because it's just like "finally it's over" rather than "I'm sad to see it go". Somtimes series' are cancelled, like futurama, and there is no last episode sadness or finale; you just stop seeing new episodes. Everybody Loves Raymond has a very mellow finale, which was both great and dissapointing. You expect there to be something important but no, it just fades out with the family in a classic argument. No sadness, but you still want some closure. However the Simpsons ends, I know I won't be happy.
  • I am very exited for the Simpsons movie and I found this crappy trailer!

http://grouper.com/GlobalMedia/MediaDetails.aspx?id=642012
  • Yeah, the ends of series often have had an effect on me: mostly anime and such. Honestly, I think Firefly had probably the best "end" I could have hoped for: just enough closure to leave the series at a good stopping point, just enough normal episode action to maintain the show for what it was, and just enough possibility for more to come, even though you know it will never be made.
  • "even though you know it will never be made"

Rym is a Blasphemer!
  • Heh heh.. Honestly, I'd rather Firefly end with that movie than continue with possibly sub-par future movies or episodes. As much as I hate to say it, I don't know if they could re-create that show after such a hiatus...
  • Heretic!

^_^

there was a 2 year hiatus between the show and movie.. and look what that did.
  • I'm with Rym on this one. Despite being an evangelical supporter of the show, introducing it to no less than 20 people (all but one of whom loved it), I'm happy for it to end where it is now.

I was crushed when it was cancelled, having downloaded all the episodes as they came out, over dialup no less. I bought the DVD set the day it came out, and loaned it to all my friends. I saw the movie, bought that DVD. And now I'm content. Joss Whedon got to tell most of the story he wanted, despite the odds against it. I'm at peace with the situation in a way that wouldn't have been possible if the movie hadn't come out.