This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Indy 500

edited May 2007 in Everything Else
Anyone else watching? I'm not the biggest race fan in the world, but there's worse things in the world to watch. Also, while I'm here, is there any real difference between an Indy car and a Forumula 1 car?

Comments

• I am not watching the Indy 500, although i wouldn't mind. I did watch the Monaco Grand Prix this morning.
    F1 and Indy are stupidly different. While to the casual viewer there may not be much of a difference, I can assure you there isn't much. Pretty much the only similarity is that they are both open-wheel race cars. F1 cars are technologically superior to just about every other race car in every way possible. F1 is the best cars in the world with the best drivers in the world. Everything else is minor leagues at best.
  • Except WRC, which also has some of the finest drivers ever. WRC being one of the only racing series in the world in which the drivers have to deal with random, real-world, and natural obstacles.
  • So...could you, when you can spare a moment, explain this to me. I want to know why F1s are better.