This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

LEGOS found!!!

edited May 2007 in Everything Else
Okay, Listen up, you LEGO losers! I just made the mother of all finds in my storage shed. My ex-girlfriend called me up to get permission to get some of her crap out of my shed, so after she left, I went to go make sure she didn't take anything that is mine. Well, while going through some of my old boxes, I come across one box that i didn't remember packing. Opened up said box, and what did I find? Two, not one, not three, but TWO complete LEGO MindStorm Droid Developer Kits (9748/R2-D2)! Well, not completely complete; one of them doesn't have the giant building instruction book, and neither have the CD-rom, but close e-damn-nough! So yeah, I just spent the last two hours building an R2 unit. When i got done, I pressed the power button, just KNOWING that the batteries were probably dead, and to my surprise, the original batteries STILL have juice in them. Nifty, don't you think??? Now the only question is: What to do with my spare R2 kit???

Comments

• I have been playing with my LEGOs this afternoon while recovering from the worst hangover ever.
  • I'd rather be playing with LEGO but a) i don't have any and b) I have an essay due in 4 hours. I shouldn't really be here considering its only half done.

How'd you find a cool box you didn't remember packing. I went through my storage shed a few weeks ago and found old sheets I'd kept for some unkown reason.
  • edited May 2007
    Pfft Because it was raining today, I played with man legos: building a model. http://corbin.frontrowcrew.com/model-airplanes
    Post edited by Corbin on
  • I am experiencing a sudden bout of Star Wars LEGO envy.
  • Good God O.O
  • found two different lego things.
    Forbidden Legos
    It was created by two of the guys who used to design different lego projects. They get into different back stories of working at lego and what it takes to actually make a lego kit. Found it via an Digg Article. Lots of uhm "interesting" lego plans. One includes a lego gun and a lego catapult that involves a plastic spoon (yea can't imagine why lego didn't want that in a normal kit).

Second thing was something in the digg comments. A lego car, or rather a bunch of them. The thing is the cars themselves aren't special, but the way they are made are. Someone put together a full lego assembly line that allows them to choose the color of different parts and then the assembly line puts together the car. Long video but very interesting just from the standpoint that it exists. Video over at collegehumor.com
  • I have been playing withmy LEGOsthis afternoon while recovering from the worst hangover ever.
    OH MY GOD! My dream has come true. Mecha LEGO sets, here I come!
  • Dude, I used to have a bajillion Legos (at least 5-6 of those big plastic bins)! I think one I tried to make a spaceship (like the Enterprise), but that did not work out.
  • Sigh. Now I miss my legos. I had so much as a kid I built a small fort one weekend and played in it. Of course I was really small back then so it wasn't that huge. Plus I used to build towns and robots. I should buy legos for my niece as an excuse to play with them with her. Or make her take a nap so I could play with them LOL.
  • I should buy legos for my niece as an excuse to play with them with her. Or make her take a nap so I could play with them LOL.
    I buy LEGOs as presents for all of my younger family members. They're awesome and each subsequent generation should have the opportunity to enjoy them.
  • I've still got all of mine, but I wish I could find a cheap way to get plain colored bricks in large quantities (LEGO offers the option, but charges a bit too much for me). How am I supposed to built large, awesome structures without such massive resources?