This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

So, what does everyone here look like???

Comments

• You don't really inhale pipe smoke, so there's virtually no lung damage.
    How's that mouth cancer going for you?
  • You don't really inhale pipe smoke, so there's virtually no lung damage.
    How's that mouth cancer going for you?
    Don't have any. Probably never will. My mouth is too sweet to have cancer.
  • edited February 2009

Don't have any. Probably never will. My mouth is too sweet to have cancer.
    What a sweet face!
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Seriously, can you take that image away again, please? I don't want to have to scroll past it each time someone adds a new photo here.
  • Is that a recent picture of you, Scott?
    I know your eyes are screwed up, so its understandable why you might not recognize yourself.
    I know your eyes are screwed up, so its understandable why you might not recognize yourself.
    LOL. Silly boy, here's a recent picture of me:

• Cary Grant is dreamy...
    While I think you are a neat guy, HJ, you are no Cary Grant.
  • LOL. Silly boy, here's a recent picture of me:
    Yeah, i guess that looks about the same as the other one if I cross my eyes to simulate Joe-vision.

Me in Tokyo last month.
    LOL. Silly boy, here's a recent picture of me:

Are you really HungryJoe or are you George Kaplan?
  • LOL. Silly boy, here's a recent picture of me:
    Yeah, i guess that looks about the same as the other one if I cross my eyes to simulate Joe-vision.
    Continue. This is making me LOL. ^_^
  • To be honest, if it weren't for the whole mouth cancer thing, I'd be a pipe smoker too. I might just burn the pipe tobacco to get the smell.
  • To be honest, if it weren't for the whole mouth cancer thing, I'd be a pipe smoker too. I might just burn the pipe tobacco to get the smell.
    Trust me, the mouth cancer thing is rare. At least, it's rare enough that it shouldn't be stopping anyone from smoking a pipe.
  • edited February 2009
    To be honest, if it weren't for the whole mouth cancer thing, I'd be a pipe smoker too. I might just burn the pipe tobacco to get the smell.
    I do agree. When people smoke cigarettes and cigars, the secondhand smoke makes me gag. When my grandpa used to smoke a pipe back in the day, I remember it smelling really good.
    To be honest, if it weren't for the whole mouth cancer thing, I'd be a pipe smoker too. I might just burn the pipe tobacco to get the smell.
    Trust me, the mouth cancer thing is rare. At least, it's rare enough that it shouldn't be stopping anyone from smoking a pipe.
    Rare it may be, it is still harmful. Compare it to say, skiing. If you ski, there is a chance of an accident. However, if you don't have an accident, you are unharmed. With smoking, it's not a boolean value. Every time you smoke, you get a tiny bit of harm that adds up over time. That's like if every time you went skiing your bones broke a little bit. Or it would be like if your car crashed a little bit every time you drove.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • With smoking, it's not a boolean value. Every time you smoke, you get a tiny bit of harm that adds up over time. That's like if every time you went skiing your bones broke a little bit every time you skiid. Or it would be like if your car crashed a little bit every time you drove.
    Every time you drink, you damage your liver. That's not going to keep me from drinking.
  • Every time you drink, you damage your liver. That's not going to keep me from drinking.
    It keeps me from it, but also the bad taste.
  • I got a new wig. Lighter purple. I think I'm going to call myself violet blond!

• I do agree. When people smoke cigarettes and cigars, the secondhand smoke makes me gag. When my grandpa used to smoke a pipe back in the day, I remember it smelling really good.
    Thirded. My grandad smoked a pipe. (He quit and ate all our pumpkin seeds in the process, but that's another story.) Both my mom and I agree that pipe smoke smells a lot sweeter than cigarettes.
  • With smoking, it's not a boolean value. Every time you smoke, you get a tiny bit of harm that adds up over time. That's like if every time you went skiing your bones broke a little bit every time you skiid. Or it would be like if your car crashed a little bit every time you drove.
    Every time you drink, you damage your liver. That's not going to keep me from drinking.
    Man, that's some solid logic. I can't actually argue with that, especially considering that I'm fond of drinking straight gin.
  • A recent image of myself:
    Though the picture doesn't show it, I'm sitting on an oddly shaped wall.
    Though the picture doesn't show it, I'm sitting on an oddly shaped wall.
    Both your pets do not want.
  • The fro...IT'S GONE! NOOOOOOO! No wonder those pets do not want!
  • Calm down dear, it's just tied back.
  • Man, that's some solid logic. I can't actually argue with that, especially considering that I'm fond of drinking straight gin.
    Yea, but if there is one organ in your body you want to slightly damage occasionally, at least it will be the one actually capable of regeneration. Your Liver is only going to take serious damage from drinking if your crazy about it.
  • Man, that's some solid logic. I can't actually argue with that, especially considering that I'm fond of drinking straight gin.
    Yea, but if there is one organ in your body you want to slightly damage occasionally, at least it will be the one actually capable of regeneration. Your Liver is only going to take serious damage from drinking if your crazy about it.
    I thought lungs also healed after a while.
  • I thought lungs also healed after a while.
    Lol. Unfortunately, that's only the liver.

Omnutia, that pic of you and your pets is cute.

My beer and I.