This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mario Party 8 is here

edited May 2007 in Video Games
I got my Mario Party 8 yesterday and all I have to say about those negative reviews is this:

"Mario Party is not meant to be played single player. Complaining about the COM players only tells me you have no friends. Further, Mario Party is not about Mario Party, it is about interacting with your friends around the game."

Some game reviewers just do not "get" Mario Party.

Comments

• While what you say is true, I'm still not excited about this new Mario Party, even playing with a bunch of friends. From what I hear, the game still just takes too damn long to play, and it still wastes your time with lots of useless animations. Back in the college days I had enough free time that a Mario Party was possible. That is no longer the case. Please tell me there is a "hurry up" mode of some sort that allows you to play a decent game in a reasonable amount of time.
  • I will know more once I play more.

I've only played on two of the boards so far. Being married with kid I have even less free time than you do!
  • I am diggin' on it, but god dammit, where is the widescreen support?!
  • Not just widescreen but what's with the linear boards?
  • Yeah man, I noticed that too.

It had to be like:

"Hey Al, check out this map"

"Hey man, that's pretty neat. A real change of pace. Make every map like this."

*sigh* It's still Mario Party though, so I'm still pumped about having it.