This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

New Flikr feature

edited May 2007 in Everything Else
I was looking at Flikr for a random reason (I've got essays due I look up all kinds of weird shit when trying to procrastinate) and found this interesting new feature. You can look at pictures taken by camera. Its interesting to see what people with the same type of camera you have are doing and realize how inadequate you are.

Comments

• Thanks, that's really useful. I've been looking at trying to do night shots and now I've seen what other people have done. I use a Konica Minolta Dimage X60 which was one of the last they made before they stopped making cameras.
    I can't find the bit where it says to add your photos to this camera though.
  • I can't find the bit where it says to add your photos to this camera though.
    I haven't played with it yet, maybe its a tag you add to your pictures?

I've got an Olympus E-300 btw.

• I can't find the bit where it says to add your photos to this camera though.
    Most cameras made in the past few years add the model name to the jpeg metainformation.
  • Most digital cameras add exif data to the photos they take. Photo software, like Flickr, can read this information out of your photos and use it in various ways.