This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Linux User at Best Buy

edited June 2007 in Technology
I thought today's xkcd was particularly notable.

Posted with alt text included.

Comments

• That's just great.
  • XKCD is an awesome comic. My favorite is still the one where they sneak into Richard Stallman's house.
  • I had the following conversation at Officeworks the other day:
    me: Will this work in Windows and Ubuntu?
    guy: What's Ubuntu?
    me: Its a Linux distribution.
    guy: Never heard of it. What is it?
    me: Linux. Its an alternative to Windows.
    guy: Yes but what is it.
    me: Never mind I'll go somewhere else.
    guy: Wait I'll ask girl, hey girl have you ever heard of Linux?
    girl: You mean lie-nucks?
  • That's just sad, tuttle88. Yet, strangely amusing...
  • girl: You mean lie-nucks?
    Everyone hates the Vancouver Canux...
  • It's really not that out of the ordinary to ask a question like that, and frankly, while I understand Linux is more secure and such, and I would give it a try if I wasn't stuck on AOL, the arrogance of some(not all, just some) Linux users really gets on my nerves.
  • the arrogance of some(not all, just some) Linux users really gets on my nerves.
    I notice that same feeling from prisoners when they see a free man walk near the prison grounds.
  • The better question is, why are you stuck on AOL?
    We went onto AOL when my family got our first real computer in 1999. Right when we were about to dump AOL and go onto Verizon broadband, my mom called to cancel our account. They offered her the then reduced rate of $15 a month if she committed to a 3 year contract. She did right on the spot, without asking the rest of my family, and so I am stuck.
    We went onto AOL when my family got our first real computer in 1999. Right when we were about to dump AOL and go onto Verizon broadband, my mom called to cancel our account. They offered her the then reduced rate of $15 a month if she committed to a 3 year contract. She did right on the spot, without asking the rest of my family, and so I am stuck.
    Oh god, that sucks.
  • This picture has kept me going for quite a while just thinking about it. though I do get some funny looks.

Sucks about the AOL. Try seeing if they'll let you transfer your account to a different more expensive scheme without a contract then cancel that. It might cost a bit but it'll be worth it.