This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

How do I subscribe to Japanese magazines

edited June 2007 in Anime
When I was at ACEN '07, I picked up 3 Hobby Magazine. After looking through the issues I wanted to know, How do I subscribe to the a Japanese magazine?

Comments

• Some you can, some you can't. I do know that some people have filled out subscription cards and have been able to get Japanese Shonen Jump delivered weekly. To do that, you just have to learn enough Japanese to fill out the card and mail it in. You can also get someone who knows Japanese to help you fill out the card. Another easier, but possibly more difficult and expensive, method is to get a comic shop to help you. Comic book stores can order these magazines via Diamond distributors. Personally, I pre-order all my comics two months in advance from dcbservice.com. Every order form always has a section with many foreign, mostly Japanese, magazines available. Hobby Japan is always listed, among others. Basically, if a magazine is geeky, a comic book store can order it. You just might have to get the proprietor to help you out, or you can use an online comic shop.
  • Why would you like to subscribe to a japanese magazine when you can get Newtype here....
    IT IS A TRAP! that magazine is horrible. GO AND GET OTAKU USA NOW! , because it is awesome. :P
  • To do that, you just have to learn enough Japanese to fill out the card and mail it in. You can also get someone who knows Japanese to help you fill out the card.

Damn! I don't know anyone who does. I guess I'll have to wait until later this summer when I take Japaneses, to get Ikeno-sense to help.