This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Applegeeks Plug

edited June 2007 in GeekNights
Figured I'd mention— Ananth gave Geeknights a plug over at Applegeeks.

Link to the blog post is here.

Comments

• We know... God, they have a lot of readers.
  • Ananth: "Oh... ... ...shit. Is that okay?"

He wants to know if you want him to take the link down.
  • Ananth: "Oh... ... ...shit. Is that okay?" He wants to know if you want him to take the link down.
    No, we can handle it. It's just funny going to the page that lists who links to us and seeing them take up every single slot.
  • Well thats what happens when popular things link to you.
  • We know... God, they have a lot of readers.

Ahh, I'm real sorry about that. Hope it helped listenership ... I'll link again some time soon! :D
  • edited October 2010
    After reading on the Applegeeks site regarding the infrequency of updates, I just wanted to say that I'm really excited for Hawk and I hope his new job at Quantum Mechanix, here in the LA area, is a fun a fulfilling one!

As a karate expert (and as someone who moved from the east coast to LA), I can only tell you two things:
    1. It'll feel like a completely different planet for a while, until you get used to it, and
    2. Seeing SoCal people don their furry coats in 60-70 degree weather is the funniest thing ever. Yuk it up!
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Funny fact. That plug on Applegeeks site made me a listener of Geeknights.
    I think a good number of listeners can attest to that. I can.

I really don't read AG as much. I do read AG Lite on occasion.

I do wish Hawk the best of luck in his new job.
    I think a good number of listeners can attest to that. I can.
    I actually discovered the two independently of each other. Funny story came out of that, actually. On a GeekChat where ScoJo and Emily were on, they brought up Hawk and Ananth. I was like "Wait, AppleGeeks Hawk and Ananth?"
    "Yeah."
    My reaction to that was something akin to "Jesus, how far does your circle of awesome extend?"
  • My reaction to that was something akin to "Jesus, how far does your circle of awesome extend?"
    All the way.
  • edited October 2010
    The nerd community is somewhat introverted. If you socialize too much, you end up being a few degrees from most people.

I just said "socialize too much", didn't I..
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I just said "socialize too much", didn't I..
    The nerd community is somewhat introverted.
  • This was the plug that put me on the road to not bothering to listen to GeekNights anymore.
  • This was the plug that put me on the road to not bothering to listen to GeekNights anymore.
    I don't quite follow you.
    I don't quite follow you.
    I was about to say...
  • edited October 2010
    Maybe it's like when a hipster's favorite band has too many listeners on their last.fm channel. You guys became too mainstream.
    Post edited by Jordan O. on
  • I don't quite follow you.
    This plug brought me out of the webcomic wastes and into the podcast prairie. Then it brought me to the forum fields and I never looked back.