This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Stupid fucking wireless. Stupid fucking B routers.

edited June 2007 in Technology
Anybody with more tech savvy than me care to lend a hand?

I'm trying to update the firmware of my Linksys BEFW114Sv4.0 wireless router, in an attempt to get my DS to connect. Right now, it doesn't like my wireless network, and gives me an error 52100, about which Nintendo's tech FAQ gives me shit ambiguous information. I want to trade some fucking Pokemon, dammit.

Linksys offers a firmware update here, but once downloaded it won't open with any software I can find. Am I doing something dumb-shit stupid?

Comments

• What operating system are you using?
  • Jason have you check this out?

• I am a retard. Firmware updated. I was assuming that because it is a *.bin, I had to decompress it. I finally looked at all my router settings and saw that it installs directly from the existing firmware. Next time I'll know, and knowing is half the battle. Yo Joe!

My DS wifi still doesn't work, though. I checked that link, Chrono, and it looks like the 52100 error has something to do possibly with the ISP or how the IP is assigned. I'll call them Monday morning.
  • My Linksys wireless N router blew up this past week after 4 months of bliss. It was hell getting an RMA number out of them. I told the gal on the phone that while I thought she was good at her job, the testing they put the consumer through was stupid and that she should tell her supervisors that I was just going to throw the router in the garbage and never buy Linksys again. I then hung up on her. An hour later, her supervisor called me back and I got my RMA number.
  • My Linksys wireless N router blew up this past week after 4 months of bliss. It was hell getting an RMA number out of them. I told the gal on the phone that while I thought she was good at her job, the testing they put the consumer through was stupid and that she should tell her supervisors that I was just going to throw the router in the garbage and never buy Linksys again. I then hung up on her. An hour later, her supervisor called me back and I got my RMA number.
    That's what you get for buying a weird N router. IMHO the Linksys WRT54G is the absolute best wireless router for home users. I've never met one that didn't "just work" except in cases of PEBKAC.
  • Fixed. I can connect my DS now. Apparently you have to turn off DHCP for the DS to connect, and you have to restrict your transmission rates to 1-2ghz. Anyway, my friend code for Pokemon will be over in the other thread in 2 minutes.
  • Fixed. I can connect my DS now. Apparently you have to turn off DHCP for the DS to connect, and you have to restrict your transmission rates to 1-2ghz. Anyway, my friend code for Pokemon will be over in the other thread in 2 minutes.
    I'm pretty sure you don't have to turn off DHCP. I use my DS at both our house, where an actual computer handles DHCP, and at my parents house, where the router does DHCP. Something weird is going on over there.
  • I'm pretty sure you don't have to turn off DHCP. I use my DS at both our house, where an actual computer handles DHCP, and at my parents house, where the router does DHCP. Something weird is going on over there.
    Actually, both my DS and a friends didn't connect until DHCP was turned off and the IP and DNS information was entered manually, so it's not an uncommon problem.